Hornby R9045 Thomas & Percy Set Compatibility with Bachmann Thomas

Started by Len, December 02, 2017, 06:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

I just 'inherited' a Hornby R9045 Thomas & Percy set, with some kind of "Radio Control" box. A couple of questions for anyone that might be familiar with this set before I decide whether to unpack it or pass it on:

1.  Will the Thomas & Percy from this set operate on a regular DC layout, without the RC box?

2.  Are the couplers compatible with Bachmann's Thomas & Friends rolling stock?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

AJW98Productions

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the first question, but from experience I can say that the answer to the second is yes. However, the couplers from the different ranges don't quite work as well with each other, as they do with the couplers from their own ranges. For example, express coaches from Hornby seem to be more prone to detailing behind a Bachmann Gordon, than a Hornby Gordon, and vice-versa. However, it's only a slight difference, and in my experience, the couplers from both companies do work rather well with each other. Best of luck, Len! I hope someone can answer your first question! :)

~Alex

Len

Thank. I guess I'll have to open the package and pull out one of the locos to figure out the answer to 1.

Len

TrainshockeylifE

Yes they are compatible with DC layouts and yes the couplers are compatible too.

Len

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I could mix them in with the Bachmann equipment I've already got or not. This helps.

Len