News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OLIVER HAS ARRIVED!

Started by InsideTrack, March 09, 2017, 04:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Please stop arguing about Duck.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JD417

Just to get the Duck complaining over and done with:

Bachmann Duck only has two real problems (Compared to his original model from the show):
-The cab is slightly too long.
-He's a bit short, due to his wheels being smaller than they should be, due to clearance issues as his funnel is quite tall. (As it should be)

Bachmann Duck photo from @SodorRyModeler on Twitter

TrainFan97

Another problem is that Duck's whistle looks inaccurate to his TV series model. That's pretty much it.

As for Paxton, it's possible that he MAY get released by the end of the year. That's if he doesn't get delayed of course. We managed to get Celebration Thomas by the end of 2015, though his prototype was already shown when first announced.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Duke

Quote from: TrainFan97 on April 08, 2017, 01:25:16 AM
Bachmann Oliver and Mavis are pretty much the same size.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it's that Oliver's undersized. If anything, Duck could be oversized. Considering how long he is. He's bigger than Diesel.

Are they sort of the same size in length, height or both? 
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

TrainFan97

In just one month, Oliver already outsold Duck! :o That's phenomenal!

sean1994rail

My Review of Bachmann Oliver

Pros

Head Lamp more accurate to the TV Series than on HO Thomas, Percy and James, and the tail lamp is an added bonus!

Taller than Bachmann Toad, as he should be and buffer beam, lining up with most of the rolling stock. kudos for you Bachmann for overcoming the CGI render size problem on Oliver.

Cons

Nitpick: Lack of front tank handrail, but can be fixed with a bit of fuse wire.

Final Rating: 11/10! Well worth the two year and one month wait! Well done Bachmann.