would like to see about a caboose for our thomas kinkaid christmas express train

Started by wayneklinger, December 07, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayneklinger

We have a Thomas Kinkaid Christmas Express which we started collection about 15 years ago. Wondering if there is a caboose.
Also, just replace both trucks on a passenger car, but light doesn't come on. Soldered the wires. Can the bulb be replaced? I imagine that is difficult if a bulb needs to be replaced.
Also, thanks for the information on the couplers and trucks. Ordered and they are all the right ones.

Ken Clark

Wayne

There was a Thomas Kinkade caboose, I have one, but it is missing the roof, and ladders. Whether the caboose is still available is hard to say.

Ken C
   GWN

Hunt

Wayne,

Click Here    Does this match your train?

Check the wheelsets to be sure insulated side of wheels are positioned correctly in both trucks.  Compare to a car that lights.

Remove the roof to replace light - lift roof above one door. There are five tabs on each side that will release with force as you lift roof from either door end.

wayneklinger

Thank you for the help.  In regard to the caboose, the one I was led to look at is an HO and my train is the original On30, so I think the caboose would be a larger than the rest of the train, but it is cute.
In regard to the light in one of my cars: I was able to open the top and I found the bulb to be broken. So now I want to be sure I order the correct bulb. Thanks