News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Adding weight to tankers

Started by rstroud, December 08, 2017, 08:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstroud

Whats the best way to add weight to tankers and still keep it hidden?

jonathan

When disassembled, most tank car models have some sort of opening in the bottom.  If yours doesn't, you can cut, or file, a slot in the bottom which would be hidden once attached to the frame.  I like to slip pennies inside the tank for added weight.  If the penny-rattle is bothersome, one can also squeeze in a little glue.  Then wait for the glue to dry before re-assembly.

I build kits. Thus, I like to add the extra weight before attaching the frame to the tank. 

Just a thought...

Regards,

Jonathan

rstroud

Sort of what I was thinking....some say lead shot, but I do not have any....maybe could use BBs? ...and glue.

Trainman203

If you can get the tank open , you can glue in nuts from the hardware store as an alternative.  These are often included in craftsman type boxcar kits for weight,  there's no reason that the correct sized and weight nut  couldn't be used here as well.  They weigh more than a penny, but you could use pennies to fine tune the final weight.

Trainman203

The better term is "tank car".  "Tanker" is the term that uninformed news reporters use.

rstroud

I say tanker...who cares...please don't start with the political correctness bs here...no one really cares.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rstroud

That is a military Tank....not tanker....if youre not here to provide help,then dont bother posting

Trainman203

No offense or political correctness intended.  Tank car is what they call them in the railroad business.  Tanker is what I see tank cars called on the news when there's a derailment somewhere.

Flare

"Two days ago, I saw a rig that'd haul that tanker."  -The Road Warrior.

rstroud

Does it really matter??? I was asking legitimate advice on weighting and in turn you want to give me an English lesson. No matter what kind of forum I have ever visited, there's always the trolls that take the discussion into crap with nonsense.

Len

Quote from: rstroud on December 08, 2017, 12:08:47 PM
That is a military Tank....not tanker....if youre not here to provide help,then dont bother posting

The "tanker" is the guy sitting on top of the Abrams. And the  ;D ;D above my sig were and indication my post was a joke.

Apparently you don't like jokes, so I'll just point out if you'd bothered to use the "SEARCH" function near the top of the page, you'd have found your question about weighting a tank car has been asked and answered numerous times in the past. By myself and numerous others on the forum.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rstroud

...and if you'd just answer the question or otherwise stay silent, we'd all be better off

WoundedBear

Quote from: rstroud on December 09, 2017, 01:19:11 AM
Does it really matter??? I was asking legitimate advice on weighting and in turn you want to give me an English lesson. No matter what kind of forum I have ever visited, there's always the trolls that take the discussion into crap with nonsense.

Wow............some one needs a little thicker skin. ::)

The group is just having a little fun.......untwist your panties and you may learn something.

Sid

rstroud

Not at all in any twist...just find no humor in anyone trying to correct someone's terminology, spelling, English, etc unless it directly pertains to the questions asked. There is enough political correctness going around everywhere to make me puke.