Bachmann Rheneas coming Early March

Started by TrainshockeylifE, February 05, 2017, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelob6660

I received my Rheneas in the mail early today.

I do agree with you he does has a more orange paint to him. In the right light he has an orangeiy reddish tint.

I will try to test run soon.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

trains4life

Hi Guys, I received my Rheneas today from Trainworld and I'm a bit worried the running board might be warped like Anthony P2's was. I can't take a pic of mine, but I found this pic on twitter....

...and the front of mine looks a bit like this as well, sort of leaning to one side. So is this how it's meant to look or should I do something about it, like send it back to Trainworld. Thanks!

Cheeky_ULP

I had just noticed this on mine as well, and was going to inquire on it, but I got busy with a snow day.  :P

But yes, mine is doing an identical deformation on its footplate. The fact that it took me a few days to even notice this probably speaks volumes about the issue, but once you notice it, it does stick out a bit. If there's an easy way to fix it myself, I'd like to hear others experiences, or if this is an actual defect.

Anthony P2

Oh dear!  :( I thought it was just mine! Sorry to hear about your models guys. I'm not even mad about the issue. I'm just happy Rheneas is out and that I'll hopefully be able to get a new one. I think this issue is happening because a.) Bachmann wanted to make sure they had enough on hand to meet demand and didn't want to run out like with Skarloey. and b.) The plastic might be thinner in that area for some reason. there's a screw underneath that attaches the footplate to the coal bunkers so maybe it might be the tightness of the screw is causing it? Maybe the increase in production to meet the deadline to ship cause this as well? I dunno! But I'm actually really happy that he's now available! I'm really loving the narrow gauge line and maybe some day we'll see Bachmann do a regular line of American HOn3 models?  :)

Angelob6660

I thought I can check it myself. Since it was still in the box, if my was warped.

Luckily I have a non default version. I still haven't ran it yet.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Cheeky_ULP

Hopefully we will get an answer soon, likely on Monday if they do. I don't want to start fiddling with Rheneas in case it breaks warranty.

Chaz

Looks like someone else besides Thomas fans and 009 modelers are not the only ones who are excited for Skarloey and Rheneas...

When the pictures were taken he actually asked me where to get them.  These were taken during my club's Christmas show!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

the Bach-man

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

That is the best thing I've seen all day.  :)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Angelob6660

I ran my Rheneas locomotive a few days ago with my NYC U25B since they ran on the same track.
He was a very good smooth quiet runner. I wish I had freight cars for him to pull.
-Kathy Selden

trains4life

So I have some news about my model of Rheneas. Not only was the running board warped, but the line of black paint on the right side of the cab was scratched and there was also a black paint mark on the cab as well.

So I sent it back for a replacement and I just heard back from the shop that after opening three cases of Rheneas', all of them seem to have one problem or another. I'm really upset about this and I'm sure anyone else who also got a damaged Rheneas must also be upset. So.. how did this happen Bachmann?