Soundtraxx DCC in Bachmann Locos When for the Bachmann

Started by RAILSPLITTER, December 23, 2017, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAILSPLITTER

Hay Bachmann ,
Abird told me that Bachmann is going to use Soundtraxx DCC in the Dcc onboard equipped locos . Is this going to happen in 2018, or has it already happened with the latest releases in 2017?

Thanks,
Jon

Len

You're probably thinking about the 'SoundValue Enhanced' announcement regarding SoundTraxx's "Econami" decoders:

http://soundtraxx.com/factory/bachmann.php?s=eco

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

the Bach-man

Dear Split,
New announcements will be made at Toy Fair in February.
the Bach-man

Joe323

I thought some were also made at the Amherst show and/or the WGH tour.

Bucksco

To clarify - The catalog that is released at Toy Fair in New York contains items that were announced at the previous NMRA convention as well as new sets and Thomas items. Almost all new scale model railroad items are normally announced at the annual NMRA convention that takes place in July.

jonathan

Actually, there have been Spectrum Diesels in the past: 44 tonner, baby trainmaster, a GeeP, etc. Acela is a Spectrum (electric). I seem to recall an FP40 being Spectrum, with flashing strobe... ooh the 45 tonner is Spectrum.

I know. These are almost all out of production now. But certain shopping websites still offer these babies up on a regular basis.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

Don't forget the original HO dual motor EMD DD40AX was also a Spectrum unit. It was also a 16 wheel drive beast that could pull 120 car train on level track with no wheel slippage at start up.

Len

thewizard

Quote from: RAILSPLITTER on January 23, 2018, 09:23:51 AMBut JUST 1 real new tooled Spectrum diesel just to see how far they have come since the last time they actually made one last Century!

Jon

Why stop there? It's been a whole millennium since the last Spectrum diesel came out! :p

Len

Jon - There are a bunch of club members around here, including myself, that would make the "SOLD OUT" signs appear real quick if Bachmann reissued the two motor DD40AX. Even with the old tooling.

Len