News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Auto Reverse Trolley

Started by AHRJMR, November 28, 2009, 12:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHRJMR

Hi,
      Last year I purchased the Bachmann Auto Reverse Trolley to put up around the Christmas Tree. It worked great! I put it together yesterday and  the trolley goes around the track leaving the "Shed" and traveling to the bumper and stopping. It just satys there the "Auto-Reversing" isn't working. The only way to get it to work is to turn the power pack off and back on. I have also made sure the the section of track that is suppossed to be connected to the bumper piece of track is connected correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Jim ???

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
Make sure there is a gap in the track by the bumper (ie, only one rail joiner). When the wheel bridges this gap it triggers the reverse.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

AHRJMR

Thanks. I will try that and let you know if that works.

AHRJMR

I made sure there was only one rail joiner so there would be a gap to trigger the reverse and that didn't work.

Does the wheels on the trolley have to come in contact with the gap in the track itself?

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
Yes, When the wheel bridges the gap it triggers the reverse circuit.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

AHRJMR

One other question, could the piece of track thaat connects to the bumper be defective? I also noticed there is a gap on one of the rails on that section of track.

Thanks,

Jim

Terry Toenges

Since the track itself is already gapped by the bumper, if I remember correctly, you shouldn't have to omit a rail joiner.
If the joiner is omitted on the opposite rail of the one that is gapped, the trolley would stop.
Please correct me if I'm wrong Bach Man.
Feel like a Mogul.

HockeyStix

I am brand new to train sets. It has been a life long dream of mine to setup a whole town. I finally got the Spectrum Village Street Car set for Christmas. My issue is that the trolley worked a couple of times. I turned up the speed a little and once it got to the bumper end (hit the bumper), it stopped. Now there doesn't seem to be any power getting to the trolley at all. No lights come on in the trolley when the power is turned on. Could something have jarred loose inside the trolley? What are some suggestions to help trouble shoot this? Thanks for the help in advance.

Joe323

This thread has been useful to me as I plan on using my reversing track not for a trolley but for a Walthers subway set that will travel back anf forth on a separate track over my layout.

Terry Toenges

i've been having trouble with my trolley also the past day or two. Once it reaches the end, it doesn't want to start up again. If I give it a little push, it will go back and forth again for a little while then stop again. I'm going to try cleaning the track and wheels again. The track hasn't moved so I don't think that's the problem.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I have mine working again like it should. I just went over the track with little alcohol pads. I took the plastic frame off that covers the wheels and used the pads on the wheels. That seemd to do the trick.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

HockeyStix - Did you ever figure out your problem?
Feel like a Mogul.