News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Plan #19

Started by graywolf, December 26, 2017, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graywolf

I am in the beginning stages of building my first layout and would like to follow Plan #19 on page 115 of Bachmann's E-Z model RR book. Can anyone indicate to me where the 2 -22 degree radius tracks go. Also is this plan considered a reverse loop and will I need some special wiring? I plan to use DC and only run one train at a time. I already have or ordered most of the track. Thanks for any help. Paul

Flare

Reverse loops do require special wiring.  You need to electrically isolate the loops on both routes of the turnouts.

Bachmann sells 'isolated gap' E-Z track with wire connectors underneath:  http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=879_604_782_783&products_id=2495

Or you can use a razor saw to to make your own rail gaps and fill them with styrene to prevent the rails from coming back together and shorting out.

Also, you will need to reverse the polarity of the main line while the train is between the gaps of the reverse loops, this can be done manually or with electronics.

More information is available here:  http://www.azatrax.com/model-railroad-reverse-loop.html

graywolf

Thanks for the Azatrax info it explained alot. I am still not sure if the layout is considered a reverse loop and I still don't know where the 22 degree radius tracks fit in the plan. Still need help!!

Muc

Plan 19 does not have a reverse loop.
Im not 100% sure on the 22" track pieces, but they would have to go somewhere on the right side of the layout in the inner loop. One near the top and one near the bottom. When you start putting that part together try them in a few places to see where they fit best. Just make sure that you keep an even number of 18" pieces between them.

graywolf

Thanks for your reply it certainly makes things easier. The track I need should be coming in the next few days. Thanks again, Paul