News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EMD GP7 SoundValue problems

Started by pz324, December 28, 2017, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pz324

I have the PRR version, and today it completely stopped moving, but the sounds all work.  This is the second time it's happened (Bachmann replaced the decoder the first time), and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  If not, what is the compatible decoder so I can install a quality one myself?

Many thanks!

bapguy

What DCC system are you using? Try a re-set. Program CV8 with a value of 8. Turn the power off to the track or remove loco for 10 seconds or so. This will reset the address to 3. If you want to replace the decoder, try a Tsunam Econami. The board should fit fine. This does not come with a keep alive capacitor though. Soundtraxx sells the harness to add a keep alive cap to this board. Part number 810158.I don't think their current keeper will fit.    Joe

pz324

Thanks Joe - very much appreciate the advice and I will give it a try.  I thought about doing a reset but wanted to hear from someone with more experience than me.  I have a Digitrax DCS 51 with a DCS 100 booster, and I have several Bachmann SoundValue engines (and other brands too) and besides a Broadway Limited steam engine, I've had no other problems for the past 5 years.  Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Hi Joe - the reset worked great and the engine is running fine again.

pz324

Thanks Jon and the reset did the trick!