New Train does not go anymore

Started by mwmontef, December 08, 2007, 12:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwmontef

Hi, About a month ago my 8 year old son bought a Thunder Bolt, HO Scale electric train with the money he got for his birthday.  The train ran well, we set it up at a different location and now it won't run.  The red light comes on but when I reverse the direction the train can go, it dims and goes out.

The train does not run. Can anyone help?
Thanks

sour rails

Based on what you wrote, I would say that the motor may need lubricated.  While you are at it, it would not hurt to clean the wheels also.  You said that you changed the location.  Are you saying that after you moved it, now it won't work?  If so, I would say to lubricate it.  But if you had the problem before and moved it to try to solve the problem, I still say to lubricate it, plus clean the wheels and track.  If it has been set up since he got it, this may very well be the problem.  Hair, dust, and grime can accumulate on the track, allowing the wheels to pick up these unwanted hitch-hikers.  So if it is going to be set up for any length of time, vacuume off the track regularly, say every two or three days.  And whenever he does not plan on running it for a few days, I recommend that the locomotive and cars be placed back in the box.
     Hope this helps! ;)
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

GN.2-6-8-0

Check to make sure you didn't accidently hook up your track wires to the A/C terminals instead of the correct D/C terminals.
Rocky Lives

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Safetytech26

I had one that did the same thing and i took it apart[The locomotive] and gave it a real good cleaning and it worked fine also i cleaned the track real good before i ran it and i have not had a problem with it  at all.

harryo

kingraptor

use denatured alcohol and a wash cloth to wipe the rails, put it on a board(if not already there) clean loco.