Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

JP's Wishlist for 2018

Started by jpstrainyard, January 01, 2018, 09:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

Here are some ideas for possible products that could be produced by WBB:

For those like me who are into Transit/Trolley/Rapid Transit/Light Rail/Interurban/Subway trains, my ideas for future WBB products are as follows: (yes, I know WBB produced Peter Witt trolleys, but here are more ideas) These would be for the O scale product line.

-PCC Railbus - this was basically a de-electrified PCC and fitted with a gas or diesel engine for running without overhead wires. The New Haven RR used one long ago
-double end 2 truck j.g. brill trolleys - open and enclosed versions
-Steeple-cab electric locos
-PCCs - both double and single end
-Breda/Kinki-Sharyo/Boeing-Vertol Light Rail Vehicles - As currently used by the Mass Bay Transit Authority (Boston MBTA)
-Subway cars - NYCTA (New York City) and MBTA (Boston MA)
-Metro North M 2/4/6/8, M 1/3/5/7/9 commuter cars
-Metro North Bombardier "push/pull" commuter cars
-Long Island M 2/4/6/8, M 1/3/5/7/9 commuter cars
-Long Island Bombardier "push/pull" commuter cars
-Boston MBTA Bombardier "push/pull" commuter cars
-single truck double end birney safety trolleys
-Perley-Thomas New Orleans trolleys - both the original green "Streetcar named Desire" ones and the later red "Riverfront" replica trolleys that were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina (many of these relpica trolleys have since been rebuilt, and operate on the New Orleans Public Service Inc. system)
-San Fransisco cable cars
-Ex Philadelphia SEPTA, now San Fransisco "F" Line PCCs as reconditioned/restored by Brookville Equipment Company of Pennsylvania, and painted to represent various cities that once ran PCCs
-Amtrak (or other road name) Metroliner EMU cars - these cars have similar body shape as Amfleet passenger cars, but include pantographs, control cabs at one or both ends, and traction motor equipped trucks
-Budd SPV 2000 EMU rapid transit cars featuring roadnames of railroads that ran them such as Amtrak and Connecticut's Metro North Railroad
-Budd B.U.R.T. Rapid Transit EMU Commuter Cars
-New Jersey Transit DMU Light Rail Rapid Transit Cars
-Philadelphia SEPTA Bullet rapid transit cars
-Philadelphia SEPTA LRV's - both sinlge and double end
-Philadelphia "Strafford" Rapid Transit cars - These cars were essentially a cross between a streetcar, and an Interurban car. These cars were powered by 3rd rail only, much like a rapid transit subway train and could run as single cars or multiple unit trains.
-Chicago North Shore Line/Philadelphia Red Arrow Electroliners
-Chicago, North Shore, and Milwaukee high speed Interurban cars - including the famous 'Silverliners'
-US DOT "State of the Art" Cars (SoAc) - Only 2 were built as experimental replacements for older subway cars and were tested in city subways in Boston, New York City, Chicago, and Philadelphia. The 2 cars were not accepted by any of the city subway systems in which they were tested, and ultimately became static exhibit cars at the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport Maine. See this link: http://trolleymuseum.org/collection/browse.php?id=SOAC1RDC
-"Sprinter" DMU Light Rail rapid transit cars
-"Pay As You Enter" (P.A.Y.E.) Trolley Cars
- Type S-70 Light Rail Transit cars
- Toronto TTC CLRV's / ALRV's
- Montreal Tramways "Golden Chariot" Open topped, Tiered seat Observation trolley - Only 4 of these truly unique trolleys exist, and all 4 are preserved, restored, and operate at various museums: Seashore Trolley Museum (Kennebunkport Maine) Montreal Tramways #2, Warehouse Point Trolley Museum (East Windsor Connecticut) Montreal Tramways #4, and Expo Rail (Canada) Montreal Tramways #'s 1 & 3

Anyone reading this post is more than welcome to post replies, comments or other ideas specifically relating to Transit/Trolley/Rapid Transit/Light Rail/Interurban/Subway trains (Not steam / diesel / freight trains), here in the forums. The WBB guys would love to read your input as well.

Please be aware that I myself Do Not work for WBB, Nor am I Affiliated with WBB in Any Way.

Please direct your comments / replies / ideas to "Inside Track", "3 Rail", or "The Bach Mann".

Sincerely: JP

Anyone wishing to reply to my post Directly, May Do So using the following E-Mail address: jpstrainyard@yahoo.com

Otherwise, just post your replies here in the forums.

Note 1: replies, comments, or other ideas should be related to transit, Transit/Trolley/Rapid Transit/Light Rail/Interurban/Subway trains only.

Note 2: replies, comments, or other ideas Not Related to the above in "Note 1" should be posted in a separate generic "Wish List for 2018"
Sincerely: JP