Curve Radius Problems for the On30 18 Footers?

Started by railtwister, January 07, 2018, 06:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

I recently read somewhere that the On30 18 foot cars suffer wheel interference on curved track. I have tried to find this article and now it seems to have disappeared. I would have thought out of all the On30 cars in Bachmann's line, the 18 footers would be the ones least likely to require larger radius curves. Has anyone else heard of this? I was thinking about a mini or micro layout using some of these cars, now I'm thinking I need to run some tests...

Bill in FtL ???

Flare

the Bach-man

Dear Bill,
I run them regularly on our many displays and have never had an issue with any of them.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dutchbuilder

I ran them on curves as small as 10 inch, so.......

Ton

railtwister

Thanks everyone who replied. It didn't seem logical to me that the 18 footers would have radius issues, but there it was on the web. Odd I couldn't find it later (note to self-remember to bookmark!). I'm glad to hear about the 10" part, since I probably won't try to go that sharp!

Bill in FtL

2foot6

I once saw a quote on the internet ,it read=  .....Not all things you see or read on the internet are true....signed by Abraham Lincoln......................Peter

Anubis

"Not all things you see or read on the internet are true....signed by Abraham Lincoln"

Love it!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession