Product #s for Early Spectrum DC Rock Island 2-8-0s?

Started by Searsport, January 15, 2018, 10:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searsport

Hi, I am confused by Bachmann product numbering. Walthers website says Bachmann Spectrum 11418 was Rock Island 2-8-0 #2121 "These DCC-ready, ready-to-run models feature a five-pole skew wound motor, belt/flywheel drive, all-metal chassis, no traction tires, metal side rods and metal wheels under the tender with pickup." Problem is somehoscalemodelsgi.com has Spectrum 11418 as RI #2008, and indeed I have #2008 in a box labelled Spectrum 11418, which I assumed was a loco in the wrong box as I also have RI #2121 in a box labelled Spectrum 11418. Now I have encountered Bachmann Spectrum 11418 Rock Island 2-8-0 #2119. bev-bel.com lists Bachmann Spectrum 11418 Rock Island 2-8-0, but does not specify a road #. Did Bachmann use the same Spectrum 11418 # for all of their early DC, DCC ready Rock Island 2-8-0s? If so, how many road #s were there under this same product #, and which am I missing?

And do all of these models have a bulb which needs to be changed to an LED if fitting sound? I ask because I got some sound-ready USRA medium coal tender chassis from the spares shop.

Grateful for any info,
Thanks,
Bill.

Searsport

BTW I should have added that I do know that a DCC fitted version of RI 2-8-0 #2119 appeared as Spectrum 83606, and also as the loco in Bachmann 01125 "The Frontiersman Rock Island Freight Set".

Thanks,
Bill.

Len

Bachmann isn't the only one that's had "duplicate" item number issues. If you look at loco ads over the years, you'll often see an item number for a particular loco type, with a blurb after it saying something along the lines of, "Specify road name when ordering".

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.