News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New trains in large scale.

Started by petertoot, January 20, 2018, 09:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertoot

Hi there,happy new year to you all,just wondering why so little new products in this ,when other manufacturers are ramping up with new items in g gauge this year,i understand sales are slow in some segments, and i want to support bachmann as much as i can,so i hope you dont think this is a whinge from down under,just keeping an eye on things thanks peter in MOOROOLBARK happy railruns to you all🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃

Bucksco

Bachmann has not abandoned Large Scale. We do however need to be a bit more careful in regard to what is released. It is good to hear that other manufacturers are still producing and we will produce new product when we feel there is sufficient demand for it.

Loco Bill Canelos

Yardmaster,

Two competitors have released new items in the past few years, but the detail and quality are rather poor.  It would be great if Bachmann could release some Aristo rolling stock in the more popular roadnames.  Even better in some new paint schemes.  The only gripe I ever had with Aristo was using the product number for the road number. 

Any possibilities in this area??

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

petertoot

I agree bill,thats why i get annoyed when all the scales of bachmann get new bits bobs,the large scale is left wodering what,when we may see,i am a great fan of anniès,lyn etc,the spectrum,shays,2,3 truck,climax,i need a k27,but maybe left that to late,still glad to run there products thanks,happy railway running to all🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃

A Trainman

I too have four Bachmann 4-6-0s a lyn and mostly all of my rolling stock are Bachmann.
I think Bachmann's details are superior to LGB or USA's, just look at the truss rod detail, and at a better price too.

As for Aristo, I thought most of their stuff was 1:29 scale except for the 2-8-0. I try to stay with mostly 1:22.5

The one boxcar that I'd like to see from Bachmann would be a Big Hauler outside braced boxcar. Like I say, I like the, old, narrow gauge stuff.

Just a thought.

Adam

doug c

"...The only gripe I ever had with Aristo was using the product number for the road number.  ..."

Yeah,  that is laziness of any manufacturer taking the easy (p/n) route !  And not budgeting (less than hour)  to review sites such as rrpicturearchives  to acquire numbers within the car series.   

Regards,  Aristo' they did start using road numbers (vs p/n) in at least the last 6 yrs previous to closing down !

Maybe it  was due to concerns  from awhile back,  when the prototype railways were invoicing/suing  model companies  for using their real world 'images'.

doug c  :o
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

Mark Oles

I think track is the key to building a market for g scale trains.