News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Configuring Registry

Started by roundhouse foreman, January 21, 2018, 03:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roundhouse foreman

Bach Man,

Is there a way to alphabetize or sequence the registry in my Dynamis Pro system. I have to keep my schedule list handy or my trains to a known group to move about the tracks safely. The registry is as the engines and diesels were originally entered into the list. Diesels, locomotives, and consists, all random. Searching for a specific  train to change parameters through the same bowl of ball bearings each time drags on a bit since the screen only shows loco last used. Having the list available in some order would make the search so much quicker. Shouldn't hard since there are only 40 slots available for input
Do I have to write down my own new list on paper then enter them ALL back onto the registry in the order I want after DELETING ALL my current entries??

RHF

roundhouse foreman

So what did I do, stump the gurus??

RHF

WoundedBear

Quote from: roundhouse foreman on January 26, 2018, 11:57:36 AM
So what did I do, stump the gurus??

RHF

The gurus don't like tough questions.

As for me, I use an MRC system, so I got nothing.  :D

Good luck.

Sid

jward

Just wondering why you didn't use the locomotive number as the address? That way you'd just enter the locomotive number to control it. The only thing you'd have to remember is what numbers you assigned to your consists. And you should be able to enter those directly as well. Direct entry of addresses is the way most dcc systems handle this problem.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

roundhouse foreman

The Dynamis Pro system and "no software", unlike Decoder Pro and its software (free) will not sequence entries by alphabet or numbers so that's why the question.
I don't know why this was not considered when the system was made available. Did they not think that someone would use more than one or two trains at a time? I have over thirty entries of steamers, diesels, and consists entered on my list and trying to find a single engine easily is more that a test of memory and key entries.
You can only get there by super fast toggling or the correct engine call out on the keypad.
Miss something and send in the MOW for cleanup!!! Just ask me!
So that's why I asked the Bach Man. Am I asking too much?

RHF

jward

MY system is digitrax, and I can easily call up any locomotive by entering its number as the address. My dad has MRC, and a friend has NCE, and on both systems calling up a locomotive is similar. Wonder why you can't do that on Dynamis?

Hunt would be the best person to answer your question. He is the go to guy for this system.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

roundhouse foreman

The everyday calling out is not the problem, its the "emergency situation" that puts the system in jeopardy. Calling out the individual engine with the problem before the situation gets out of hand without "hitting the STOP Button" and shutting the whole layout down is what I am referring to. I have several duplicate 4-6-4's, 4-8-4's, E-7's, RS's, etc, so picking the right one is crucial.
Guess I need a secretary to keep it all straight on a "Currently Active Display Board" so I can have a quicker response time, especially on parallel tracks sections.  I can have up to 9 trains so....the quicker I can sort things the better.

RHF

Hunt

An aside ---

This was called to my attention. However, since RHF post is addressed to Bach Man,  I left his query for "the Bach-man" or someone with Bachmann to answer.

Second aside ---

All the Bachmann Dynamis systems feature a database referred to in Dynamis User Guide as a roster

roundhouse foreman

Roster in the loosest of meanings.
It s just the actual list of what you have entered, up to a limit of 40 items, then swap out units to stay at 40.
There is NO Way to sequence the entries alphabetically or numerically by the Dynamis without entering the info in said order.
Its just a LIST.

RHF