News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann UK Mainline HO

Started by JimLon, January 22, 2018, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimLon

I have some British trains from my dad that I would love to get running again.  Is there anyone in the greater Chicago area who does repairs or can recommend someone?.  (I live in Mundelein.)  One engine, a Mainline 4-6-0 Royal Scot has drivers that are out of synch.  I think it's called quartering, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Also, I have a couple of other engines, coaches, and wagon.  Some are Mainline; others are Hornby.  There are 3 different couplers which really don't work together very well.  Is there a way to change the couplers so that all the cars/engines use the same couplers?

thanks.

Jhanecker2

Bachmann UK might have been a help but their website is down for rebuilding .  The loop couplers  that bachmann uses varied the Harry Potter Couplers were not compatible with the larger couplers that were used on the "Thomas" Line of trains . Most recent European trains use the NEM couplers that Bachmann does make make parts for . Regarding  repairs you are going to have to call the Hobby shop stores to see who do service railroad Equipment . There is a jig that is used to Quarter wheels for steam engines .  You are going to have to get books to help you to fix your Railroad.   Good Luck in your search . Also do a search on this site for information , this has been discussed before .  John2.