STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 08:40:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Is It Really Trash?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is It Really Trash?  (Read 3994 times)
bbmiroku

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 12:38:35 AM »

Ooh!  Good luck!  I hope you'll post pictures when you're done!
And estate/yard sales are great places to pick up model stuff for pennies on the dollar.
And don't forget about Flea Markets!  My local one has a couple of 'permanent' stalls near the back, and one of them happens to be a train booth.  Well, mostly trains (90%).  Some cars, ceramics, etc.  There's even an O/HO/N 4x8 in the middle of it, in three or four tiers.
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 12:49:34 PM »

This one is going along in bits and pieces.  I was able to get a couple of incorrectly applied moldings off of it the other night with minimal impact, and cleaned up some flashing the builder had left on.  Iíll have to chisel off some small remaining pieces left behind, and clean some spilled glue off. 

The building is molded in very close to correct yellow with brown trim so Iíll see if touch up here and there will be good enough.  Then, dullcote the building and put the window glass in.

Iím going to put a light inside and normally with an unbuilt kit youíd paint the inside of the walls black to keep the walls from glowing.  Since I canít disassemble the model, Iím going to cover the inside of the walls with black construction paper with window cut outs.  Iíll put in a floor and some walls, add window shades to hide the unfinished interior, put a light inside, add a couple of lighted gooseneck exterior lights, and Iíll have one fine Iron Mountain yard Office!

Modeling the New Iberia and Northern 1945
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »

Here it is

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-HO-Scale-Tyco-Interlocking-Tower-7773-Assembled-/162847069231

bbmiroku

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 10:56:42 PM »

Have you thought about spray painting the inside black?
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »

Spraying the insides of the walls wonít work on this small assembled building, which canít be disassembled.    The spray will meet the plastic interior at too low an angle for good coverage, and even with masking the exterior of the walls which is needed, overspray will get on the insides of the window casings.  Itís just too messy to be practical.

Thats why I like these rescue dog structures.  The challenge of the rescue.  Iíve done about a dozen for a club already.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: