World’s Greatest Hobby Show

Started by RBDNHM, January 29, 2018, 08:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBDNHM

Since neither of us have been to any train shows before, my wife has agreed to go with me.  I am pretty sure for the future it will be just me, although she actually seems interested in going at least this once.

There is no local hobby store for model railroading where I live, so the WGH show in Houston will be interesting.

Terry Toenges

Take only enough cash you're willing to spend or you could end up broke for the rest of the week. ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

RBDNHM

Good advice.  If I bought all I wanted to, I might also have to confess to what I have bought already but now need to complete by buying more.....  Harvey interrupted my past plans, so beginning to regroup and get some ideas at the show.

bbmiroku

If nothing else, buy more track.  And turnouts.  Even if they're all busted up, there's at least something you can use.  And you can never have too much track.  Because eventually, something will happen to that one special piece, and you're going to need a replacement.

Which, coincidentally, is why I'll be buying a lot of track this weekend in Timonium, MD.  I'm moving from Life-Like Power Loc to Bachmann EZ Trak and other brands of snap-track.  While (I believe) the Power Loc has a slightly superior electrical connectivity, it's becoming harder and harder to find second-hand.  Whereas every other table at train shows has a box of track, and about every third box of that will be HO.