Highballer Stuttering. Need help!

Started by VNTiger, December 01, 2007, 01:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VNTiger

Hello! I'm a newbie to the modelling scene. I have a Highballer beginners set that only includes the 24" circle E-Z Track and the EMD F9 Diesel Locomotive w/ 3 cars. Obviously, watching it do circles got old so I bought straight track.

The train runs perfect on the curves but it stutters on the straight-ways. Why does this happen? I've tried to clean the new straight track but it continues to stutter even after the locomotive has warmed up. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jim Banner

Have you also cleaned the wheels on the locomotive?  It could be dirt on the treads.  On corners, the wheel flanges are the main electrical pickup from the rails.  On straights, it is the treads.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

RAM

check the contacts.  Have you tried running it in the other direction?

VNTiger

I have yet to clean the wheels and I'll try to run it the other direction. Will get back to ya. Thanx!

VNTiger

I've posted a new question. The cleaning worked, but only to a certain degree. The locomotive runs well backwards but the stuttering on straight track continues while it moves forward. Contacts appear good. Any thoughts as to why this may be?

THB-DAVE

Just checking that you cleaned the track and wheels with alcohol and or
a track cleaning fluid like ACT 6006 as anything else will leave residue behind that interfers with electrical contact.

Dave

VNTiger

I haven't tried either of those. Thanks!