News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rumor has it there's a new 2-6-0?

Started by ksivils, January 30, 2018, 11:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

I've seen a couple of posts on On30 message boards there is a new Bachmann 2-6-0 (0-6-0 according to some) yet I have seen no photos to prove the existence of said model.

Any truth to the rumors?

dutchbuilder

What's Neat This Week Video Podcast #24.5 Special Edition January 29th 2018.
Anouncement of new 0n30 0-6-0 .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhLCak2hUjI
Ken Patterson will air a review in March.

Ton

JRT

When will the new 0-6-0 w/tender be available?  Is there a price yet, and if so, what is it?

-JRT

dutchbuilder

Quote from: JRT on January 31, 2018, 06:01:18 PM
When will the new 0-6-0 w/tender be available?  Is there a price yet, and if so, what is it?

-JRT

I think your question is premature, there is a pre production engineering model , thats it for the time being.
About the last part of your question......did you actually have a look at the link I put up?....

Ton

JRT

Yes, I did look at your posted link, but my computer doesn't have sound.  If someone said the price, I couldn't hear it.

According to another forum, the 0-6-0's have been produced and packaged -- so they should be ready to sell pretty soon?

-Jim

dutchbuilder

Ok Jim, no price mentioned only that it will be the new one from Bachmann 0n30.

Ton

hminky

I guess a shortened pilot with no leading wheels and a small 4-4-0 tender is new?

Really?

Harold

p51

I must admit, it does look like a slightly modified 2-6-0 they already had with the 4-4-0s tender...
Still, anything in On30 shows that Bachmann hasn't given up on the gauge like so many people say they have.
-Lee

Ken Clark

Bachmann are also releasing freight & passenger cars lettered for the White Pass & Yukon
Railway.

Ken C
   GWN

JRT

Sure would be nice if Bachmann released a WP&Y diesel to go with those cars.

-JRT

Ken Clark

JRT

Afraid the closest you will find are kits of the 90 Class and 100 Class in S scale NG,
produced by "Railmaster Exports" in New Zealand. I have 3 of there 90 Class, one was converted to a B unit with a second end casting from them. At the time I wish I had also bought the DL 535 (100 Class) the LHS had.

Ken C
   GWN

p51

Quote from: JRT on February 05, 2018, 10:55:21 AMSure would be nice if Bachmann released a WP&Y diesel to go with those cars.
That'd be new tooling, for a prototype that hardly anyone else ever had.
Now, they could easily get an authentic WP&Y locomotive out there tomorrow if they wanted, by re-lettering one of their 4-6-0s as a WP&Y locomotive, either #10 or 14. Both came up from the ET&WNC in 1943 and worked one winter there, before being shipped back to the NP shops in Tacoma for a complete rebuild. Both were heavily damaged in a roundhouse fire at the end of the war, though.
-Lee

Ken Clark

Actually there were Shovel nose version's operating in South America before the WP&Y got theirs and the the DL 535 operated also on NG line's in South America, rode behind a few of them.
   I would sooner see the Baldwin-Whitcomb 2&1/2 foot gauge units built for service in Chile
for Braden Copper Company.

Ken C
   GWN

USAF_Andy

Quote from: JRT on February 05, 2018, 10:55:21 AM
Sure would be nice if Bachmann released a WP&Y diesel to go with those cars.

-JRT

I asked a Bachmann rep at the WGH show in Charlotte about this.  The short of it is, Aint gonna happen...  You are going to be better off finding a suitable HO chassis, and 3d print a body.  He said the market wouldn't support it.  I disagree, but it is what it is...

p51

Quote from: USAF_Andy on February 25, 2018, 08:59:30 AM
[He said the market wouldn't support it.  I disagree...
I don't. A WP&Y diesel is a very specific piece of rolling stock, and very large (in a On30 market where many want stuff as short as possible).
Hey, I've ridden the WP&Y twice and would love to have a On30 version of one of their locomotives (though it'd never fit in the theme of my WW2-era ET&WNC layout), but I agree with the Bachmann person who told you it wouldn't sell.
"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if they made..." usually translates to, "I want one, so shouldn't a bunch of other people?"
No, there are so many other things that'd sell better than a WP&Y diesel would in On30 (or any other scale, for that matter).
-Lee