News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sidney the Forgetful Engine

Started by Trainboy 48, February 27, 2019, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainboy 48

Over these 8 years we been getting more diesel engines with the same basis and so far the last one is literally Sidney, honestly I thought he would be the next engine produced along with Red Rosie but no they decided to make one character at a time which disappoints me. I really hope he gets made next, cause if it doesn't happen then I'm gonna regret it for the rest of my life. Anyways feel free to discuss this topic on what you think.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.

Ronniethe14xxx

What if the reason they haven't made Sidney yet is because his face design doesn't work with the eye mechanism

JLK2707

Good point. But somebody should just make a 3D printed face of him for those who want to make him themselves. The same should be said for the bachmann Paxton face.

Toad139

Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on February 27, 2019, 07:13:00 PM
What if the reason they haven't made Sidney yet is because his face design doesn't work with the eye mechanism
Paxton's face didn't fit either, so they just resized it accordingly. I'd imagine they would just do the same with Sidney.

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: Toad139 on February 27, 2019, 08:21:11 PM
Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on February 27, 2019, 07:13:00 PM
Paxton's face didn't fit either, so they just resized it accordingly. I'd imagine they would just do the same with Sidney.
the diffrence is Paxton can still use the same face plate, Sidney would need an entirely new one moulded

Cheeky_ULP

Paxton actually uses a new mold, unlike Diesel, Arry & Bert. He has a very strange faceplate that includes the green part of his front around his face, and the piece extends all the way to the piping on his front.

Toad139

Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on February 27, 2019, 08:46:54 PM
Paxton actually uses a new mold, unlike Diesel, Arry & Bert. He has a very strange faceplate that includes the green part of his front around his face, and the piece extends all the way to the piping on his front.
Exactly, they could easily use that for Sidney if they ever decide to make him.

Cheeky_ULP

I was referring to the face, not the entire body. The body itself I assume is still the Diesel mold, but it's hard to say without seeing pictures of the faceplate removed.

Trainboy 48

Exactly, the body is not problem at all but the face yeah that's something they had fix. I think what they should do is cut some of the parts that made the eyes widen some and adjust them close together as possible so it blends in with the mold face.

Toad139

I know what you mean. I was referring to the face as well.

Trainboy 48

So if they can do it to Paxton then surely they can to Sidney.