Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019

Started by Trainboy100, February 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

The last engine to be made with a new tooling in HO Scale was Rosie, who was announced in 2016. Since no engine is currently on the backburner, this could be the year we get another new tooling. If it's a new tooling, it better be one that fans asked for. Some people actually did ask for Rosie prior to her getting announced. Aside from Stepney and Daisy, another example of a new tooling that's occasionally asked for is Stanley, who's a tank engine with a unique white livery. I'd be okay with getting Stanley, but he's not really a "hype" character like Oliver was. Oliver was a big deal for numerous reasons, who was announced in 2015, alongside a recolor that nobody cared about, which was Celebration Thomas for the 70th Anniversary. Oliver was released in Spring 2017 after getting delayed a number of times. Stepney and Daisy have the most popular demand, and like I've said in the past, popular demand is what gave us Duck, and Oliver.

Either we get a new tooling, or we get another recolor like Sidney or Red Rosie. Either way, it's best to keep expectations low.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Streak

If Stanley was to be announced by Bachmann, I would do everything in my power to get him. He's my favorite character in the whole series and I would flip out if he was made.

I still think that Stepney, Daisy, or even Ryan have better chances as new models at least at this time though. They could just do recolors like Red Rosie which I'd tolerate. Either way, I don't want to get my hopes up on anything or get too hyped for these announcements but I'm sure that whatever Bachmann 2019 lineup is, it will have something good in it at least.

TrainFan97

Still a few weeks before the announcements get posted, and Bachmann has given us a little sneak peek of what's to come later this year, which is a new Christmas-themed Thomas set. There's no picture of it yet, but we might see it in the 2019 catalog. Hopefully, the Narrow Gauge Coaches will also have images in the catalog. Rusty should arrive within the next month or so. I really hope another Narrow Gauge engine gets announced this year. Most likely Peter Sam.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Should be good. I would not be surprised if we just got Peter Sam. :)

Kemptown Branch

Looking at the other announcement made so far (the Golden Spike themed set), this year seems like it might be a bit small compared to last year, but it definitely seems promising.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

sean1994rail

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on February 05, 2019, 11:01:11 PM
Looking at the other announcement made so far (the Golden Spike themed set), this year seems like it might be a bit small compared to last year, but it definitely seems promising.
I second that.

Here are my final predictions for this year before the toy fair while not getting my hopes up.

HO:

Engines
Reintroduced Salty
Sidney
or
Red Rosie

Rolling Stock
Reintroduced Flatbed
Troublesome Truck #6
Explosives Van
Hopper Wagon (With Load)

Vehicles
Trevor

Narrow Gauge
Peter Sam or Sir Handel
NG Brakevans
BMQ wagons

TrainFan97

Here's my updated predictions for this year, also not getting hopes up:

HO Scale:
Sidney or Red Rosie
Explosives Van
Troublesome Truck #6 (tanker or ventilated van)
Red Express Coaches (reintroduction)

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam
Blue, Red and Brown Brake Vans

Large Scale:
Red Coaches

Zekeism

Hello I'm a new member

For the standard gauge the following I would like one of the following:
Daisy, Harvey, Whiff, Stephen or Hiro.
Hector, James' Express Coaches, a new form of Troublesome Truck, maybe a truck with scrap (for 'Arry & Bert) or waste (if they make a Whiff in standard gauge.
Trevor, Jack or George.

For Narrow Gauge, if they made George, then Sir Handel would be perfect, but I would rather see Peter Sam.
For rolling stock, it would be great to see a break van and the D Fusit Gunpowder wagons.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

TrainFan97

The Orange Branch Line Coaches, which were only in Seasons 1 and 2, were basically unlettered and faceless versions of Annie and Clarabel. Bachmann has made the Red Coaches in HO Scale, but I'm not sure if they'd ever do an Orange Coach, due to last appearing in Season 2. Right now, the coaches we have for HO Scale are Annie, Clarabel, Henrietta, the Special Coach, Emily's Coaches, Red Coaches, and the Express Coaches (reintroduction). A regular orange coach sounds like another idea. It would be another classic series rolling stock, like the Spiteful Brake Van, and also something that can be easily made with an existing tooling.

Toad139

As long as they reintroduce the flatbed in some way, I will be happy.

Angelob6660

Recently I thought of making some orange branch line coaches. From Annie and Clarabel but I was second guessing on how to get the noses off and painted names. If Bachmann does make them I'll get 3-5 of them.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainshockeylifE

Has anyone noticed it's been 8 years since they came out with a new tender engine? Maybe they'll make a character with a tender that nobody is expecting?

Rodimus Supreme

Why are you guys saying the orange branch line coaches didn't have faces? The episodes with them showed they have faces. At least they are implied to, what with the close ups of faces and all.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 07, 2019, 07:30:02 PM
Why are you guys saying the orange branch line coaches didn't have faces? The episodes with them showed they have faces. At least they are implied to, what with the close ups of faces and all.

If you're talking about the close-ups of the coaches' faces from the episode James Learns a Lesson, you'll find that James actually IS pulling Annie and Clarabel as part of his passenger train. You can see their names on their sides. The other three coaches were unlettered and faceless.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 07, 2019, 07:30:02 PM

Well as Mr. Trainfan already pointed out, the coaches which had faces were Annie and Clarabel.  The other 3 coaches are actually the Old Coaches, just flipped around with the green and cream livery on the opposite side.  You can also tell from the positioning of the windows that they're clearly not LB&SCR Stroudley coaches.  Due to budget restraints during the making of Season 1, the coaches were only painted orange on one side and then green/cream on the other.  They pulled this same magic trick with the Milk/Tar tankers as well.

Although I see the orange coaches being an easy option for Bachmann and definitely rolling stock people would buy, I don't see them happening simply because they honestly seem too practical.  Furthermore, I could actually see them having a slightly higher RRP than that of Annie/Clarabel (even though they just used an existing tooling), and therefore in the long run it would be cheaper just to make your own coaches instead.

I actually made 3 of them for myself years back when I was still into HO scale by simply using gasoline (or nail polish remover works too) to remove the names.  I also painted the frames of the coaches their proper black.  The current owner that I sold them to was nice enough to send me a photo to show.  I actually ran my coaches backwards, with the faces facing the rear, and using 1 Annie and 2 Clarabels.  Anyways, it's really not a hard project to tackle if you wish to make your own.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."