Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019

Started by Trainboy100, February 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Quote from: Plow Bender on February 11, 2019, 08:59:05 PM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 11, 2019, 05:25:08 PM
Less than a week away, and the complete list of announcements for this year will be listed by InsideTrack this Friday. After that, that's all folks... until next year!

I have low expectations, but I'm still feeling anxious to see how good or bad the announcements will be. Either it will be a huge improvement over last year, or it will be even worse than last year. I shouldn't expect it to be any better, so I can avoid disappointment. As much as we'd like to see Stepney or Daisy being made in HO, they seem unlikely at this point. They might once again go the more cost-effective route by making another recolor, like Sidney to complete the Class 08 line, or Red Rosie to make Rosie available in her current, up-to-date livery.

My HO rolling stock hopes are the Explosives Van, and Troublesome Truck #6.

Alright, seriously... please tone it down a bit.  You've literally repeated the same thing across half a dozen posts within the last month and it's honestly starting to get old.  We're all aware when the announcements will be made, we're all aware who will announce them, and (based on the current status of the range and past announcements) we're all aware the chances of good/bad announcements are 50/50.

I'm sure many of us are anticipating the upcoming announcements, but we honestly don't need an update everyday of how much longer it's going to be till we get them.  In addition to that, the whole Sidney, Red Rosie, Stepney, Daisy, etc topic has been gone over enough times now, I'm pretty sure what's needed to be said has been said and there's really no reason to keep bringing them up.  They may get announced, they may not.  Let's just sit back and relax until Friday and see what happens.  We really don't need a countdown and probability statements each day till the announcements.  This is the Bachmann Forum, not NASA...

-Rusty

Okay, I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll stop. Okay? Geez. No need to be rude. I didn't realize I was overdoing it.

I have a problem where I tend to overdo things without even knowing it. It happens all the time in real life. I got hooked on a topic, and I got carried away. I'm really sorry if I was being a broken record.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

steakandcake

Hello everyone. I'm a bit new to this forum but I've been reading the posts here since 2016. Anyways, here's my 2019 predictions (also I don't think all of those engines will be announced this year, I'm just predicting one of them will get announced)

HO Scale:

Ryan
Red Rosie
Black James
LBSC Thomas
Salty (Reintroduced)

Flat Car with Paint Drums/New Load
Dynamite Van
Toffee Tanker
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Troublesome Truck #6

Narrow Gauge;

Peter Sam

Brake Van

Large Scale:

Sodor Diesel Co. Tanker (If we're lucky)

I was gonna our very detailed descriptions on why I think each item could get released, but I could t be bothered. Anyways, thanks for reading.

JLK2707

I would not be surprised if Bachmann just did Sidney and/or Red Rosie in HO scale due to how things are right now. What do you think?

Plow_Bender

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 13, 2019, 07:47:48 AM
I would not be surprised if Bachmann just did Sidney and/or Red Rosie in HO scale due to how things are right now. What do you think?

I'd honestly be willing to bet my money on Red Rosie at this point since she seems to be the most likely to happen.  As I said in a previous post however, I'm not for this idea as I don't see her being that profitable considering most who wanted her in the red livery have already done the modification themselves, and the only ones that would buy her at this point are those who don't have her yet.  I do remember seeing a few people saying they we're going to wait till Bachmann updated the livery before getting the model, so there's a couple extra sales there.  Personally I think that the lavender livery is possibly another reason Rosie's sales haven't been that great, aside from the fact Mattel went out of the way to shove her character down our throats...

To be quite honest at this point, I'd be fine with Rosie making it into Large Scale if it meant we could at least get a new locomotive tooling for once.  Still I feel even a tank engine would suffer the same production issues as Diesel... :P

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

JLK2707

Chaz

So tomorrow is the big day.  What are everyone's final thoughts?

My fingers are still crossed for Peter Sam!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Streak

Honestly for HO, I'd be fine with anything as long as it's something. Stepney, Daisy, Sidney, Red Rosie, whatever they want. Idc

I'm sure there will be a new narrow gauge engine so that'll be cool and hopefully Large Scale gets at least something like Rosie, Henrietta, or Red Coaches.

TerencetheTractor525

A new narrow gauge loco and (hopefully) a return of the resin buildings.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

steakandcake

I think either Sidney or Red Rosie would be the most likely for this year. Although I'm still hoping on Ryan getting announced. Imagine if we're all wrong and Salty gets introduced. That'd be kinda funny.

TrainFan97

With the announcements being posted tomorrow, my guesses for HO are Sidney and/or Red Rosie. Explosives Van and Troublesome Truck #6 for rolling stock.

Also hoping for Peter Sam in HOn30 Scale.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zekeism

How does the announcements work, is there a hype video? Do they just announce it on their website, do we know what time it gets announced. Sorry if I come off annoying, this is the first time I have been around for the announcements.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

Streak

Quote from: Zekeism on February 14, 2019, 03:07:52 PM
How does the announcements work, is there a hype video? Do they just announce it on their website, do we know what time it gets announced. Sorry if I come off annoying, this is the first time I have been around for the announcements.

The moderators for the Bachmann Forums (specifically InsideTrack) usually post a whole new thread dedicated to the Bachmann 2019 Thomas lineup. It's not a video, rather a list of the new/reintroduced products for 2019. Usually the list is split into the three main range; HO Scale, HOn30 Scale (Narrow Gauge), and Large Scale. I don't know the specific time they post the thread.

Plow_Bender

The announcements are usually posted sometime in the afternoon, of course that's here on the East Coast for me.

In response to Chaz's post, here are my wishes/predictions for announcements.

Wishful Thinking:

HO:
Original Thomas - with moving eyes
Original James - with moving eyes
Red Express Coaches
Troublesome Truck #6
Flatcar w/ Paint Drums (or other load)
Resin Buildings

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam
Brakevan(s)
V-Tippers

Large Scale:
James the Red Engine w/ DCC Sound (with moving eyes)
Emily w/ DCC Sound (with moving eyes)
Toby the Tram Engine w/ DCC Sound (with moving eyes)
Mavis w/ DCC Sound (with moving eyes)
Red Coaches
Troublesome Truck #3
Henrietta (and maybe Hannah)

Slap in the Face Reality:

HO:
Red Rosie
Toffee Tanker
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Explosives Van

Narrow Gauge:
Duncan

Large Scale:
Sodor Diesel Co. Tanker

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Streak

Just a second, Plow Bender. If they were to make a new engine in Large Scale, would they make it DCC Sound like Thomas and Percy right off the bat? If so, that would be cool.

And also if we're doing "wishful" predictions, I'd really want Bachmann to make an HO Scale Stanley model and to come straight out of left field and make Large Scale Diesel with DCC Sound (I know they discontinued him but I'm being wishful here) If not him, then Edward, Philip, or Rosie. That's all I'd want.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

As hard as it is to admit, I know that the announcements aren't gonna be stellar this year.
HOWEVER!
I think the only year I wasn't pleasantly surprised in at least one category was the year they released no new engines for HO scale (but if I remember correctly, that was the year we got the resin line, so maybe not even then...). So, as dismal as it may seem right now in terms of new products, I'm sure Bachmann knows how we feel about repaints and filler products and have one surprise or another hidden up their sleeves... they always do.

Here's what I mean:

2018:
HO Scale
58818 Grumpy Diesel (with moving eyes)
76034 Gordon's Express Brake Coach
76035 Gordon's Composite Coach
77010 Spiteful Brake Van

77008 Sodor Diesel Co. Tanker
77009 Water Tanker

Narrow Gauge
77204 Red Carriage
77205 Blue Carriage

Large Scale
98022 Toffee Tanker                                  
98023 Water Tanker                              
98024 Chocolate Syrup Tanker            

2017:
HO Scale
58817 Paxton (with moving eyes)
77011 Ventilated Van – Great Western
77012 Ventilated Van – Sodor Fruit & Vegetable Co.
77013 McColl's Cattle Wagon

Narrow Gauge
58603 Rusty

Large Scale
91407 Diesel (with moving eyes)
98021 Spiteful Brake Van

2016:
HO Scale
58816 Rosie (with moving eyes)
77014 Sodor Salt Wagon
77015 Troublesome Truck #5
77016 GWR Cattle Wagon
77017 Refrigerator Car – Live Lobsters

Narrow Gauge
58602 Rheneas
77301 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load
77302 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load #101
77303 Narrow Gauge Slate Wagon with Load #164

Large Scale
91421 Thomas the Tank Engine with DCC Sound
91422 Percy the Small Engine with DCC Sound
32037 Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ DCC Sound Module
98016 Box Van – Sodor Fruit & Vegetable Co.
98017 Box Van – Explosives
98018 Box Van – Great Western

2015 was a spoils year because we *finally* got Oliver and I think that's when we got the NG range launched too so I'm skipping that year, also for whatever reason Bachmann deleted that thread so a transcript isn't publically available.

2014:
Red Coach (Item No. 76038)
Red Brake Coach (Item No. 76039)
Thomas & Friends™ Resin Buildings: Maithwaite Station (Item No. 35901), Black Lock Folly (Item No. 35902), Signal Box (Item No. 35903), and Brendam Warehouse (Item No. 35904)

Announced in 2013, arriving sometime in 2014
Iron 'Arry (Item No. 58812)
Iron Bert (Item No. 58813)
Troublesome Truck #4 (Item No. 77020)
Jeremy (Item No. 42440)

Large Scale
Open Wagon - Red (Item No. 98013)
Cream Tanker (Item No. 98014)

Announced in 2013, arriving sometime in 2014
Raspberry Tank Car (Item No. 98011)
Open Wagon - Blue (Item No. 98012)

Hopefully, everyone can see what I'm getting at and realize that Bachmann has always taken care of us older fans, and every year's line can't be stellar all around. Just stay positive and remember at the end of the day how lucky we are to be getting models in the first place...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow