Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019

Started by Trainboy100, February 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainboy100

This is just a little post that i made so everyone could predict new Thomas bachmann products for 2019 like H.O. , G scale, & Narrow Gauge.

Chaz

It's a little hard to predict what's coming out in 2019 when the 2018 announcements haven't even been posted yet...
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

This time, somebody made a predictions thread BEFORE the announcements get made. This is way too early.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

I fully agree with Chaz and TrainFan97. It's one thing if someone started a 2019 predictions thread right after the official 2018 announcements are posted. However, any moment before that just doesn't seem right to me. Consequently, I think that this thread should be deleted as soon as possible because I have feeling that there are going to be many more people questioning why this thread is up, which will only take up more space on the forum and defeats the initial purpose of this thread. Lastly, if this thread gets deleted, I think that the new thread should be titled "Thomas & Friends in 2019" just to keep the consistency, but that's just me.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Cheeky_ULP

It'd probably save trouble if there was just an indefinite "Next Bachmann Thomas Predictions" thread to avoid these kinds of scenarios.

TrainFan97

Clutter, and people starting unnecessary threads has been getting worse lately.

Honestly, why would you start a 2019 predictions thread when the official 2018 announcements haven't been posted yet? Could you seriously not wait two more weeks before doing so? Posting this thread two weeks before the 2018 announcements even get posted is just premature.

I really think after the 2018 announcements get posted, someone should make a predictions thread with no specific year, so it can be relevant for years to come. It would reduce the need to create a completely new thread for just one specific year.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

My honest opinion is that besides waiting until after we have the 2018 announcements posted, is having a separate wishlist thread along with a different thread for predictions too.  We have had both prediction and wishlist threads up before and no one has posted in the main wishlist thread in over four years now:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,4675.0.html

I think fans expressing what they actually want instead of just what they expect would be more beneficial to fans as well as the moderators on the forum.  After looking at what fans expected for this year and what they actually wanted showed some pretty clear differences, proving that it would really pay off in the long run to allow fans to express both viewpoints.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

For example, Norman is a character I want, but not one I expect, due to his lack of roles.

Metal

Can we just drop this here, or at least have this thread deleted until this year announcements? ::)

Cheeky_ULP

Sitting back on it a bit, I feel like getting our requests for 2019 to be going ASAP probably is a good idea, since it lets Bachmann know quickly where we want them to go next.

Now I'm not saying to go crazy with it, but..

TrainFan97

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 08, 2018, 06:12:43 AM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been deleted.
Probably because it's not as harmful as everyone else is making it out to be.

TrainFan97

Still, it was premature to post this thread before the 2018 announcements even get posted.

Speaking of which, there's now only one week left!

Trainboy100

The only reasons this is not deleted is because i was just still wondering what they would make for next year and i don't know how to delete this.

Angelob6660

Since the announcements were released. I would like to see in 2019.

Narrow Gauge
Duncan, Sir Handel, or Peter Sam.
Brake van (blue, red, or brown)
Flatcar
Open trucks (one of two versions)

HO SCALE
Daisy
BoCo (long shot)
Mail truck (brown)
Ventilated van (brown)
Troublesome truck #6

James's Composition and Brake coaches
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden