Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019

Started by Trainboy100, February 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

How about Bachmann just make Stepney or Daisy so that classic fans can be happy after several years of newer engines? Nobodys screaming or raving for Sidney, Nia, Rebecca or Stanley. Heck, nobodys even screaming for Red Rosie, Black James or LBSC Thomas either. People only are mentioning those because they expect Bachmann to make those, not necessarily want them. The recent polls from multiple websites such as Facebook and Twitter show that Stepney, Daisy, Sir Handel, and Peter Sam are the hot picks among the fans.

I feel like at this point, other engines shouldn't even be considered or focused upon for the time being. The surveys have already filtered out the top choices.

Streak

Well I was mainly saying that these would be the engines that I want to see, not just predict. I know for sure that people want the characters that I mentioned. Daisy and Stepney do seem like the most likely as far as the forum is concerned. But so many people want other characters, too. Merlin, Ryan, Arthur, Hiro, Harvey, Stephen, Trevor. Heck, so many people on Twitter want Diesel 10 even though we all know he's not gonna happen anytime soon. (PS I'm raving for Stanley  :'()

What I'm saying is I'm mainly giving out ideas of what Bachmann could do in 2019 and beyond. It's just speculation and it's not something we should take too serious. Maybe that's just me.

People in the forum, which character would you want, regardless of relevancy or other limitations?

Kemptown Branch

I would want Stepney. He's been one of my favorite characters ever since I was a kid (and I wasn't even born when Thomas & the Magic Railroad came out).
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Cheeky_ULP

Stepney so that he gets made with the model design ASAP, rather than at some point the CGI show makes a weird, inaccurate render of him and then Bachmann will have to use that render for a reference.

Streak

Quote from: Streak on September 25, 2018, 10:18:26 PM
Stepney is owned by the Bluebell Railway so they would want Stepney in CGI to be perfect. I think we don't have to worry about another Duncan incident.

I personally have faith that they could make Stepney look good in CGI. Then again I see the appeal of getting an engine in his classic design. Like with Duck back in 2013

Chaz

For HO, I would want Stepney for sure, especially since he hasn't been in CG yet and would pull off a nice last "hurrah" for those who like classic designs.  

For narrow gauge, Peter Sam.  He's got the best CG render out of all the narrow gauge engines and his basis is extremely popular and the model would have a lot of different conversions coming its way.

They are both in my top five favorite characters too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

If I wanted a more realistic/perfect Stepney, I'd just buy the new Dapol A1 that's coming out that's being commissioned by the NRM and Rails of Sheffield.

The model series design is what's nostalgic to me, and is the era/style of merchandise I put my pocketbook into. Anything short of that is gonna lose my interest fairly quickly, and any CGI design is going to try and be some weird "hybrid" of the classic series and actual locomotive prototype as they tried with Duck, Oliver, Donald, Douglas, etc. and even when the CGI animators stick closer to the original design, they miss certain details and proportions by a margin (Bulgy, the new Trevor model).

Basically, I don't -want- some new design for Stepney. I want a model of the character I grew up with and have nostalgia for.

TerencetheTractor525

If Bachmann ever states that they would only make one more HO Engine for the Thomas line, Stepney is the one that I would pick. He has an extremely strong fan base, likeable persona, nostalgic design, and would blend in wonderfully with the rest of the range, even with the two engines who were introduced in the newer series: Rosie and Paxton. This is because Stepney appeared in one of the only episodes that Rosie had a leading role: Rosie's Carnival Special, and Paxton could be used as one of the scrap diesels from Rusty to the Rescue.

Please Bachmann! Make Stepney! I will literally cry out of joy if he is announced next year.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Streak

Quote from: Sparks on September 26, 2018, 04:44:04 PM
Basically, I don't -want- some new design for Stepney. I want a model of the character I grew up with and have nostalgia for.

I completely understand. I grew up with that version of Stepney, too. Thomas and Stepney, Stepney Gets Lost, and Bowled Out were some of my favorite episodes about him. I guess personally I'm just intrigued to see what they would do with Stepney in CGI. I actually really like the CGI designs in the new show even more than the old models. Some are a little off but most are pretty good and I guess I'd rather be accurate to the current show. Thinking about it though, having Stepney as a last hurrah for the models like Chaz said would be pretty cool. I'd be down with that. I'm sorry if I came off as dissing your opinion. I was just trying to have friendly discussion.

On an unrelated topic, the weakest CGI models (Oliver, Duncan, and Bulgy) have been completely absent this season just like Rosie was in Season 20 right before making her red. Do any of y'all think they might be fixing their models. They definitely need to.

TerencetheTractor525

I certainly hope that Oliver, Duncan, and Bulgy are getting redone. I would love a Bachmann Duncan and Bulgy, but only if their CGI renders are fixed first.

Going back to Stepney though, one final point that I would like to make as to why I think that Stepney should be announced next year is that he would most likely get released in 2020, which is Thomas' 75th Anniversary, given that it usually takes a year and a half to make an HO loco.

Streak

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on September 26, 2018, 06:10:19 PM
I certainly hope that Oliver, Duncan, and Bulgy are getting redone. I would love a Bachmann Duncan and Bulgy, but only if their CGI renders are fixed first.

Going back to Stepney though, one final point that I would like to make as to why I think that Stepney should be announced next year is that he would most likely get released in 2020, which is Thomas' 75th Anniversary, given that it usually takes a year and a half to make an HO loco.

Interesting point... never thought of that! It would be really cool if for the 2019 announcements they announced Stepney and/or Daisy (preferably both) and then they would come out in 2020 just in time for the 75th anniversary. Then they could have the 2020 announcements be LBSC Thomas, Black James, Trevor, or maybe even a Railway Series version Thomas. That would be a great way to celebrate. (Much better than Celebration Thomas from 2015. Seriously why is that thing still available?)

TerencetheTractor525

That's exactly what I had in mind. If Stepney and/or Daisy are announced next year, then I would be absolutely fine with an LBSC Thomas and Black James for 2020, since the cost for new toolings has gone up immensely.

On a different note, I'm curious to know if you have any resin building ideas/thoughts? In fact, I started a separate thread months ago just for that specific area of the Thomas line:
https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,34707.0.html
I would love to see what you have in mind regarding that.

Streak

Oh :o Thank you! I'm not used to someone asking me for my opinions on Thomas stuff.
I'll definitely comment in that thread soon. I just need to get all of my ideas for that in order.

I'm curious. What did you think of my other HO scale ideas and what character (other than Stepney and Daisy) would you like made in Bachmann, regardless of limitations keeping them from being in?

TerencetheTractor525

You're welcome! Although I may not have the same viewpoint as you regarding BWBA and Season 22, I definitely enjoy reading your posts. You come up with many good points, which is why I would love to see what you think in regards to resin buildings.

Regarding your HO ideas, I concur with everything that you suggested, but I am personally not a fan of Phillip, Nia, and Rebecca. And even though I would still like to see Stepney or Daisy announced next, other engines I would love to see in the future are Stanley, Boco, and Arthur (if Boco and Arthur return to the show).

Lastly, I would love it if Bachmann made Trevor. His tooling would be complicated to make, but as you said, he would complete the four original nonrail characters in the Bachmann line.

Streak

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on September 26, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
You're welcome! Although I may not have the same viewpoint as you regarding BWBA and Season 22, I definitely enjoy reading your posts. You come up with many good points, which is why I would love to see what you think in regards to resin buildings.

Regarding your HO ideas, I concur with everything that you suggested, but I am personally not a fan of Phillip, Nia, and Rebecca. And even though I would still like to see Stepney or Daisy announced next, other engines I would love to see in the future are Stanley, Boco, and Arthur (if Boco and Arthur return to the show).

Lastly, I would love it if Bachmann made Trevor. His tooling would be complicated to make, but as you said, he would complete the four original nonrail characters in the Bachmann line.

Thank you so much. In this day and age, it's refreshing to see that even though two people on the internet have different opinions (i.e. our viewpoints on the show), they can still respect each others opinion and can get along. I'm glad you liked most of my ideas and I'll surely list down my ideas for the resin buildings thread. Again, thank you so much.

(P.S. I would like BoCo and Arthur in Bachmann as well. Harvey too, if they could find a way to make him work)