Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019

Started by Trainboy100, February 03, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

As we are now just one week away from the announcements, I thought that I should post my final predictions:

HO Scale
-Reintroduced Salty, Sidney, or Red Rosie (would love to see Stepney or Daisy, but they seem extremely unlikely at this point)
-Troublesome Truck #6 (Tanker or Van)
-Reintroduced Flat Car (two variants: paint drums & oil drums)

Narrow Gauge
-Peter Sam

Resin Buildings (Wishful Thinking)
-Any of these: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,34707.0.html

Large Scale
-Red Coach
-Red Brake Coach

or

-Troublesome Truck #3 (Van)
-Circus Van- Red
-Circus Van- Blue

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

Only one more week before InsideTrack posts ALL the announcements for this year. Once posted, that's it until 2020. Soon after the 2019 announcements get posted, the 2019 catalog will be released. Hopefully, we'll have images of the Narrow Gauge Coaches in it. As for HO Scale, we may or may not get a new tooling, since no engine is currently on the backburner, but it's best we don't raise our hopes. Good possibility we'll just get either Sidney or Red Rosie. If that ends up being the case, we'll just have to simply deal with it. When last year's announcements weren't what we expected, there was plenty of disappointment.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

By "deal with it" do you mean not give our money to products we don't want and voice our disinterest because the only way a company can improve its product line is through customer feedback, aka the same process of Facebook Moms voicing to Mattel that their kids didn't like Thomas & Friends Wood, so Mattel took the brand back and redid the paintjobs (though we'll see how that pans out in the long run)

TrainFan97

That wasn't quite what I meant...

I meant, you can still voice your opinions and criticisms against unwanted products. What I meant by dealing with it, is that when unwanted products get announced, there's nothing you can do to change them for this year. Of course you can still voice your criticisms. It's very important to criticize unwanted products because when products are garbage, and nobody wants them, the company won't make money. That's how Mattel changed Thomas Wood, by making the models now fully painted after receiving numerous complaints.

I'm really sorry if my words were interpreted in a questionable way. I don't want to cause any flame wars. I probably shouldn't have included those words in my post.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Kemptown Branch

I am going to make my final list of predictions now, considering we at least know one Thomas item coming out this year.

HO Scale:
Either Stepney or no engine
Troublesome Truck #6 (If there is no new engine this year, I would like to see this truck made.)

Although, I wouldn't exactly mind to see this face:

Or if a new tooling for a truck cannot be made, I would do a tanker with one of these faces:

I also think the Flatbed should be re-released, either with the same load as before or with a new load.

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam
Hopefully some brake vans could be made, too, but if they aren't, I'm sure they will be announced next year.

Large Scale:
Red Coaches
OR
Henrietta and Hannah
OR
Troublesome Truck #3 and other recolors.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

ilovetrains323

Well, Looks like that time of year again. Thought I'd give my predictions.

HO Scale

-Sidney (It's most likely as to complete the Class 08 characters, barring Splodge, Plus he's still relevant to the show currently even after the rebranding)

-Nia and/or Rebecca (Wishful thinking on my part but they are now considered main characters and Mattel may want to push for them. Not 100% sure how much creative control Mattel actually has when it come to Bachmann's choices but I heard that's why Rheneas was held back so long.

-Red Rosie (Last year proved they aren't afraid of doing variations of existing characters plus she's slightly more relevant now then she was in 2016/17 so it might be time for an update)

-Stanley (Way out of the ballpark on this one but he's one I've seen being wanted for a while but I doubt it.)

HO Rolling Stock

- Red Express Coaches (Think these might be pretty obvious seeing as the green ones are returning. But i'm hopeful nonetheless)

- TT#6 (Could be anything really and I'd be happy but possibly something along the lines of a tanker with a face as those have recently returned to the series and it'd give them an excuse to use the tanker again this year. A Vent van with a face is also a viable option since they returned to the series as well. Either or i'd be fine with as long as it's not a silly color.)

-Henrietta (obviously I know that they've already done Henrietta, But it's going on five years since she gained a face so it might be time to give her an update)   

Narrow Gauge
(If they make one this year)

-Peter Sam (He seems to be the popular prediction for this year so I'll just on the bandwagon.)

-Duncan or Sir Handel (To continue the numbers in order if they want (i.e: Duncan after Rusty and Sir Handel after Rheneas) Duncan I think would be the mostly likely out of the two seeing as he has appeared more then Sir Handel lately.

-Victor (A wild card here but Victor has appear more then any of the other narrow gauge engines lately so he might be more will know the Sir Handel or Peter Sam.

NG Rolling Stock

-Brake-Vans (We have nearly everything else so some sort of brakevan would be a good option)

Large Scale Engines
(Also If they do anything this year)

-Edward (We've been asking for years for him and he's still a popular engine when it come to the target audience for Large Scale.)

-Philip (Another wild card here but he's small engine they can make to please Thomas fans and sell to non-Thomas people to make what they want.) 

Large Scale Rolling Stock

-Red Branchline Coach and Brake Coach (Honestly, just a repaint of Annie and Clarabel with different roofs.

-Henrietta (Same as Edward, We've been asking for years and if Toby is still going to be made it would be nice to have his coach.

Always to possibility of the non-rail things.

Non-Engine Characters
-Trevor
-Butch
-Sir Robert Norramby Figure
-Updated Guard (CGI face)

Buildings
-Ffarqhuar

I don't really have any reasons for the last few, just something I hope happens. But that's all I got. See you all next year! :P
"Duck still wonders about the lands beyond the horizon, but he enjoys being with friends most of all and I think he knows that sometimes the best travels are those we can only dream about."

Rickenbacker 325

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on February 09, 2019, 01:29:14 PM
I am going to make my final list of predictions now, considering we at least know one Thomas item coming out this year.

HO Scale:
Either Stepney or no engine
Troublesome Truck #6 (If there is no new engine this year, I would like to see this truck made.)

Although, I wouldn't exactly mind to see this face:

Or if a new tooling for a truck cannot be made, I would do a tanker with one of these faces:

I also think the Flatbed should be re-released, either with the same load as before or with a new load.

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam
Hopefully some brake vans could be made, too, but if they aren't, I'm sure they will be announced next year.

Large Scale:
Red Coaches
OR
Henrietta and Hannah
OR
Troublesome Truck #3 and other recolors.

I had an idea to use the old hoppers from the chuggington range, repaint them and add buffers and coupling hooks. I think they would look pretty good and hopefully in scale with the Thomas stock. This is the one I am talking about.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71kJnq4B-SL._SX679_.jpg

I know its not an exact match, but I think the top half will fit on a Thomas style chassis.

TrainFan97

If Bachmann does make Sidney, one good thing to come from that will be that they'll have completed their Class 08 line of characters. Bachmann would finally have all the Class 08 characters, excluding Splodge and the mainland diesels. Having all the ones that are relevant, with character and name: Diesel (two versions), 'Arry, Bert, Paxton, and Sidney.

JLK2707

Streak

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 10, 2019, 12:47:11 AM
But what about Ulli?

Ulli is part of the Mainland Diesels that TrainFan97 mentioned. He has a name but he doesn't really have a character. The Unnamed Diesel who named dropped him had more character honestly. And Splodge are clearly a long shot unless miraculously Bachmann somehow makes Diesel 10 (which won't happen no matter how cool it would be). So really Sidney is the only Class 08 that they could make that would make any sort of sense.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 07, 2019, 09:12:08 PM
Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 07, 2019, 07:30:02 PM
Why are you guys saying the orange branch line coaches didn't have faces? The episodes with them showed they have faces. At least they are implied to, what with the close ups of faces and all.

If you're talking about the close-ups of the coaches' faces from the episode James Learns a Lesson, you'll find that James actually IS pulling Annie and Clarabel as part of his passenger train. You can see their names on their sides. The other three coaches were unlettered and faceless.
I checked that episode just now. It's just one coach at the back that has a name, seemingly alternating between Annie and Clarabel for the different facial expressions. I don't think there was any intention for it to be them, just a generic coach and they used Annie/Clarabel for it.

douglas

Four days til announcements...prepare yourselves with tempered expectations.

Angelob6660

I have no expectations. Since last year's announcements guessing will be pointless.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainFan97

Less than a week away, and the complete list of announcements for this year will be listed by InsideTrack this Friday. After that, that's all folks... until next year!

I have low expectations, but I'm still feeling anxious to see how good or bad the announcements will be. Either it will be a huge improvement over last year, or it will be even worse than last year. I shouldn't expect it to be any better, so I can avoid disappointment. As much as we'd like to see Stepney or Daisy being made in HO, they seem unlikely at this point. They might once again go the more cost-effective route by making another recolor, like Sidney to complete the Class 08 line, or Red Rosie to make Rosie available in her current, up-to-date livery.

My HO rolling stock hopes are the Explosives Van, and Troublesome Truck #6.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 11, 2019, 05:25:08 PM
Less than a week away, and the complete list of announcements for this year will be listed by InsideTrack this Friday. After that, that's all folks... until next year!

I have low expectations, but I'm still feeling anxious to see how good or bad the announcements will be. Either it will be a huge improvement over last year, or it will be even worse than last year. I shouldn't expect it to be any better, so I can avoid disappointment. As much as we'd like to see Stepney or Daisy being made in HO, they seem unlikely at this point. They might once again go the more cost-effective route by making another recolor, like Sidney to complete the Class 08 line, or Red Rosie to make Rosie available in her current, up-to-date livery.

My HO rolling stock hopes are the Explosives Van, and Troublesome Truck #6.

Alright, seriously... please tone it down a bit.  You've literally repeated the same thing across half a dozen posts within the last month and it's honestly starting to get old.  We're all aware when the announcements will be made, we're all aware who will announce them, and (based on the current status of the range and past announcements) we're all aware the chances of good/bad announcements are 50/50.

I'm sure many of us are anticipating the upcoming announcements, but we honestly don't need an update everyday of how much longer it's going to be till we get them.  In addition to that, the whole Sidney, Red Rosie, Stepney, Daisy, etc topic has been gone over enough times now, I'm pretty sure what's needed to be said has been said and there's really no reason to keep bringing them up.  They may get announced, they may not.  Let's just sit back and relax until Friday and see what happens.  We really don't need a countdown and probability statements each day till the announcements.  This is the Bachmann Forum, not NASA...

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."