News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 4-6-0 DCC versions

Started by BucketShop, February 03, 2018, 09:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BucketShop

I have run across a Ma & Pa DCC ready loco with 2 different model numbers 52204 and 82302
What is the difference?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

The 52204 is the new DCC Ready Version that is part of the Standard line while the 82032 is the older Spectrum line version. Not much is different about the two as they are the same running number but the Spectrum version's tender doesn't have the mounting point for the speaker in the tender chassis while the standard line version has the mounting point in the tender for a speaker but lacks the cab figures that the Spectrum line version has. Also the wiring harness that connects the engine and tender is different between the two as the Spectrum one has the 4 pin and 2 pin connectors while the Standard Line one has a single 6 pin or 8 pin connector and the standard version also lacks the sliding cab windows like the Spectrum version.

Trainman203

There's a really big difference.  The Spectrum had a myriad of beautiful separately applied details.  The standard line cheapened the details down to molded on.  It's really most obvious at the injectors which don't translate well into molded on. 

May not matter to most people but it did to me. I'm glad I have 5 Spectrums already.  They don't appear to be coming back.

BucketShop

I found a deal at a train show $79 for the Spectrum.  My only complaint, aside from the fiddly tiny plugs is that the headlight is dim and definite shade of blue.  With all the detail on the engine, I'm not sure that I will be looking to change that anytime soon.

Thanks

RAM

Well unless you are running at night, just turn the headlight off.  Most U.S. railroad did not start running with headlights on until the mid 50s.

rogertra

My major issue with the Spectrum model is the poor electrical pick up.  Anyone else have this same issue and how did you cure it?

Cheers

Roger T.

WoundedBear

Roger........

Call me in the morning.....we'll talk. ;D

Seriously, I have had zero issues with mine. There has to be something amiss.

Sid