News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

John Bull

Started by bbmiroku, February 03, 2018, 09:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmiroku

I've noticed that the 'standard' (aka horn-hook, aka X2F) coupler tends to push the ends of the coupled cars to opposite rails instead of a straight line.  So I'm thinking of Kadee-ing them.  Which number should I use?

Jhanecker2

To bbmiroku :   X2F  couplers  were never  "standard" especially for  John Bull era  locomotives  that preceeded  the development of "Knuckle" couplers  by many decades .  Your best bet would be to contact  Kadee directly   and ask their advise .  J2.

bbmiroku

Thanks, I will.  But by standard, I meant for the train model.
The John Bull probably would have used link-and-pin couplers, like the rest of the Classic Train series.

Captain Crutch

I've got the exact same problem with my John Bull set. If you could post what you find works for it that'd be amazing. It bothers me even when it's static in my yard.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Len

You could use the Alexander 'link & pin' couplers: https://www.hobbylinc.com/alexander-link-pin-couplers-metal,-1-pair-ho-scale-model-train-parts-6002

They should fit a Kadee #4 coupler box if you can find them, or you can get brass ones from Cal-Scale or Precision Scale.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.