News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler Power Issues

Started by LimaFan, January 06, 2018, 06:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimaFan

I have a Heisler with very little run time. Yesterday I decided to run it some and immediately noticed a problem, the front power truck was locked up and would not move. The rear truck moves just fine. After some messing around I noticed that when I remove power from the rear truck, the front truck works just fine, however when both are powered that is when I run into problems.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be happening?

Thank you!

Joe Zullo

When you remove power from the rear truck is the front truck moving in the same direction as the rear one did? ???

nigel48

I have the same problemrthe front truck will not go at all .When i put power to the back truck alone i get nothing  when i put power to the front truck the back truck works.

StanAmes

The Heisler has a connection between the truck and frame that predates the more reliable one in the later Shays.

Best advice is to remove the truck and hard wire the 4 connections rather then relying on the 4 pins.

Stan

nigel48

WELL I TOOK THE FRONT TRUCK OFF AND WHAT A MESS  THE TRUCK WAS NOT ATtACHed TO THE FRAME  IT JUST FELL OUT  THE PART THAT HOLDS THE PINS WAS TOTAlly BROKEN  what do i do with this problem

nigel48

i need a parts sheet for the heisler.............help big problem