News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2018 On30 Annual available for pre-order

Started by jkemp, February 09, 2018, 04:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkemp

We had a big discussion thread on this last year, so I am assuming that it is still OK to share this information this year.

Just received info that the 2018 On30 Annual is available for pre-order at the regular place.

https://shop.whiteriverproductions.com/products/on18

Same as last year, no commitment of actual ship date.

Thanks for looking.

Jerry

p51

I think this will be good one (even though I have an article in it again tis year, a conversion article on taking a beat-up Bachmann 2-6-0 tender and turning it into an auxiliary water car). The editor suggested to me that it'll be out around the same time last year.
-Lee

BIG BEAR

I noticed a $5.oo increase in regular price from last year's $19.95.
Early bird special at $22 instead of $24.95 until 3/31 I think.

Enjoy
 Barry

I am trying something new this year NO PROCRASTINATING!
I just ordered my On30 Annual online instead of waiting for Trainfest in Milwaukee in mid Nov. 
I also saved almost 3 bucks.
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

p51

Quote from: BIG BEAR on March 11, 2018, 06:12:39 PM
I think White River's production costs went up from when Carstens was publishing these, but I didn't ask the editor about that (I intend to write an article every issue if he'll let me, so I won't have to buy one...  :D )
-Lee

jkemp

Quote from: BIG BEAR on March 11, 2018, 06:12:39 PM
Early bird special at $22 instead of $24.95 until 3/31 I think.

Enjoy
 Barry

FWIW, I just purchased my NG & SL Gazette, March/April 2018 at my local hobby shop.

Page 11, Coronado Scale Models has the "On30 2018 Annual" listed for $19.95.

I have already ordered mine, otherwise, I would persue this.

Jerry

p51

Haven't heard anything, I don't think they're being shipped yet. I can wait, as I have long had a PDF with my own article, but I'd like to see the rest of it soon! last years, I think, didn't get out to people until April, and I wouldn't be on a timeframe earlier than that this year.
Quote from: jkemp on March 26, 2018, 03:16:05 PM
I just purchased my NG & SL Gazette, March/April 2018 at my local hobby shop.

Page 11, Coronado Scale Models has the "On30 2018 Annual" listed for $19.95.
Funny, I just noticed that, too.
Funnier still, the local Barnes & Noble never carried the Gazette before, but they started with this issue. I was happy for that, as my article is in that issue and I still haven't gotten my author's copy, weeks after the subscribers got theirs.
-Lee

jkemp

Quote from: p51 on March 26, 2018, 06:18:37 PM
Haven't heard anything, I don't think they're being shipped yet. I can wait, as I have long had a PDF with my own article, but I'd like to see the rest of it soon! last years, I think, didn't get out to people until April, and I wouldn't be on a timeframe earlier than that this year.

I agree.  AFAIK, the 2018 Annual has not shipped yet.  I did, however, whip out my credit card and order mine as soon as they were announced.

Interesting you mentioned PDF copy.  Do you just get a copy of your article, or the whole annual in PDF format?

I still want, and want to pay for my hard copy, but I would pay another $2 or $3 for an additional PDF copy.  It is sometimes very nice to have the PDF/electronic copy on the Mac, or the iPad to read when I am remote.

p51

It's out now. I found a copy of a hobby shop in Portland Oregon on Saturday.
Looks great, lots of good stuff this year!
:)
Quote from: jkemp on March 26, 2018, 06:27:29 PMInteresting you mentioned PDF copy.  Do you just get a copy of your article, or the whole annual in PDF format?
Just my article. It's a proof so that the author can see exactly what it'll look like.
I've written for a few other magazines that do PDF proofs, but they're not very common and the On30 annual is the model train one I've written for that does them.
-Lee

mabloodhound

Got my On30 Annual 2 days ago.  Nice stuff again this year.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

p51

I still can't believe it:

Two magazines on hobby shop shelves at the same time with articles I have written; the March/April 2018 Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette and the 2018 On30 Annual!
-Lee

BIG BEAR

I just received my pre-ordered copy today. Looking forward to reading Lee's article and as usual all look great!!

Enjoy,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Fred Klein

Received my copy yesterday. Perused the pictures but did not have a chance to read any of the articles. The book looks great. I'm looking forward to many pleasurable hours of reading.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

jkemp

Just received mine today.   Another great On30 annual.

I'm not upset or anything, please don't read between the lines here, but fulfillment obviously wasn't a first come, first serve.  I had placed my order, literally, just a few hours after announcement of pre-order.

Really, just a little jealous as reports, both here and on several email list, so many others reported receiving their copy over the week.

To everyone here who contributed/sold an article that is in this years annual, thank you.  So many great articles and projects.

p51

Quote from: jkemp on April 20, 2018, 01:22:02 AM
I'm not upset or anything, please don't read between the lines here, but fulfillment obviously wasn't a first come, first serve.  I had placed my order, literally, just a few hours after announcement of pre-order.
I know that's a White River thing. For example, I still don't have my author's copy and if I hadn't found one at a hobby shop last week, I still wouldn't have a clue what it looked like other than my article from the PDF I'd gotten a while back.
Chris, the editor, is a really good guy to work with. But how the issues go out, I know for sure that's out of his hands.
-Lee

CLaneOn30Annual

I can assure you my good man, that our shipping guys are positively anal about getting them out in the order received.

However, the USPS thwarts our efforts at every turn. The shipping times make no sense whatsoever. People on the east coast received magazines days ahead of people that live mere miles from our warehouse. I still haven't gotten my copies yet here in Colorado, and I'm the friggin' Editor! Sigh....

Chris

Quote from: jkemp on April 20, 2018, 01:22:02 AM
Just received mine today.   Another great On30 annual.

Really, just a little jealous as reports, both here and on several email list, so many others reported receiving their copy over the week.

To everyone here who contributed/sold an article that is in this years annual, thank you.  So many great articles and projects.
Chris Lane
Editor - On30 Annual