News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Doodlebug Programming

Started by rogertra, February 12, 2018, 01:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

I am trying to put into service a Doodlebug I purchased several years ago.

It has the Bachmann four function decoder installed for now.

I am programming using JMRI, which is usually very simple however.

When using the long address so I can allocate the decoder units number, 9000, it always defaults to the DCC 3 address.

The lunit, as it comes from the factory is set so that forward is reverse and reverse is forward.

Using JMRI I set the program so that the motor control is reversed.  Doesn't work.

Any suggestions? 

Cheers

Roger T.

jonathan

Roger,

For what it's worth:

I use JMRI and a separate programming track for all my decoder programming.

I have found, with Bachmann locomotives, they are especially sensitive when programming.  I have to really clean the wheels and the track, first, or I don't get a good programming response.  Changing addresses (and loco direction) can be difficult for the software to read/write, unless I get a bit meticulous beforehand.

This may not be your problem, but 99% of the time, this has been my problem when I can't get JMRI to respond/read/write.

Just sayin'

Regards,

Jonathan

West Bound

I think some of the early 2 and 4 function  Bachmann decoders only had capacity for 1 or 2 digit addresses. John West

rogertra

Problem solved.  I asked on jmriusers group at Yahoo Groups and Marc solved the problem.
Seems some Bachmann four function decoders are reluctant to program using JMRI

CV17 = 227
CV18 = 40
CV29 = 35

Programmed on main using my NCE throttle and my programming track at the workbench.

Unit now has address "9000" and the front is now the front and the headlight can be turned on an off.   Programming the headlight did work using JMRI.  :-)

Cheers