News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

car wabble

Started by donsch, February 14, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsch

I have a 2x4 n scale layout with 11 and 9 3/4 curves.  My Bachmann 19554 coal hopper rocks bad in right hand turns only, runs smooth in left hand turns.  My other 4 cars run fine both ways.  My NMRA guage says the wheels or correct.  Any ideas?

bbmiroku

It night be the coupler on the car interacting weirdly with other couplers.

donsch

Thanks, after looking at the car some more, compared to my other 4 cars I have both sets of trucks and a lot looser than the other cars.  Will have to find a u tube to see how to fix them.

donsch

Thanks, it was a coupler issue.  I just Back the screws off just a tad on the coupler boxes and that cleared up the problem.  Thanks for helping a 74 year old getting back in the hobby after 50+ years.

bbmiroku

It's always a great thing to add a member to the fold!  And even better to bring one back.
Just wondering, are you using knuckle couplers, or the weirdly oversized/shaped couplers 'standard' on most N-Scale equipment?

donsch

am using the kuncke couplers that came on the Buchmann cars, they have the little pins that hang down.  I got my locos and track in early Dec.  Went Dcc with the 4 train prodigy explorer, they do not give good instructions, but seems to work fineand my 5 cars in the last full week of Jan.  The switch engine was DOA and have not gotten it back yet.  Other than the car wobble, fixed not thanks to your suggestion, no problem with the layout.  Thanks again Don

donsch

fixed now thanks to your suggestion.  correct a mis spell