Reversible Point to Point Set Up - HO

Started by Charles_Burgess@Dell.com, February 16, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles_Burgess@Dell.com

I have recently set up a Bachmann Reversible track set up - due to limited space I got the Point to Point Reversible.    I got a regular Trolley and it did not work as the instruction manuals said it would.   should any trolley work on the tracks  (stop and go) or do I need a special HO reversible Trolley  (I cannot seem to find one)

Thanks   -  Chuck

bbmiroku

No, it should work with even non-Bachmann trolleys (I use a mehano two-car set).
If you're using a multi-car set, make sure to include the additional regular track section after the stop-track before the bumper.
By 'not work', what do you mean?  Does it not stop or not start?
I've had both problems.
If it doesn't stop, you might have the 'A-B track' on the side opposite the powerpack backwards and it's not registering that the car has passed (because it did in the opposite direction).
If it doesn't start, how long are you waiting?  Try turning it off and on a few times, waiting to turn it back on for a few seconds after the light on the powerpack fades completely.

And here come the standard 'train not working' 'helpful hints':
Is it plugged in (to the wall, from the wall to the controller, from the controller to the track)?
Are your track connectors all slipped onto the rails (easy thing to miss just one)?
Are all the wheels on the rails, or depending on your worldview, are all the rails on the wheels?