Tie down chain for Skeleton Log car 98490 Large Scale

Started by Same, February 16, 2018, 11:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Same

Anyone know where I can find spare 12 links per inch blackened iron chain as used on the above?  Bachmann parts do not keep it and I need some to restore some of my older cars.

HWTMilr

Try the jewelry dep't of Michael's craft store. Lots of necklace chains of various sizes, lengths, etc.
I get my tie down chain there for all my loads. Hope something there works for you.
HWTMilr

Same

Thanks.  Sadly no Michaels in UK and so far no luck searching craft stores.  Did get 12 per in brass chain but it is fragile and comes apart easily.

RkyGriz

Try Ebay. You may find something there. I always do!

Loco Bill Canelos

HI All,

For those in the US, the Michaels chain works just fine and is very cheap when using the weekly 40% off coupon.  I discovered it on one of those trips with my wife which happens when I least expect it!!! ;D.   I like to paint it a rust color, before using it.  I have used it for chain on caboose and passenger car railings and on the end railings of locomotives and it works great.  For locos and passenger cars etc I usually paint it black or silver.  I have since found other goodies there as well.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!