Rotary snow plow that Bachmann should make and sell for about $100.

Started by fred lundgren, February 16, 2018, 11:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred lundgren

I do not think it would be unreasonable to ask the nice folks at Bachmann to make this rotrary and sell it for around $100.  Marklin 2018 New Item coverage from the Nürnberg International Toy Fair.
go to 9:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjv-vWFLhRA&feature=em-uploademail

Terry Toenges

It would be neat but given what their regular locos sell for and this thing with all the moving parts would probably be more than $100.
Feel like a Mogul.

dutchbuilder

Thats the famous snowplow from the ratische bahn. WOW!
1 meter gauge.

Ton

Jhanecker2

To  Terry Toenges :   You are probably correct in your assessment  about the price not being aware near $100 .   I wonder what the cost is of the Maerklin version  ?     I may have to stop in at their hobby shop next time I feel like taking a drive . They are about  30 Miles south of Marengo  ,  I have been in the store  twice .  They have some interesting  displays . John2.

Jhanecker2

Just got off the reynauld website .  They are still located at Elburn , IL .   I googled  rotary  plows  , they had a nice selection .  Their  Ratische  Bahn  plows retail  for between  $800 to $900 .  I don't think  Bachmann is going  invest the kind of  money to build anything comparable .   They do look impressive . john2.

fred lundgren

I was just kidding about the $100 price.
It could be freelanced using the 2-6-6-2 running gear.

p51

Okay, the rotary is at about 9:43 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjv-vWFLhRA&feature=em-uploademail
Self-propelled rotaries were very uncommon, especially in the US. I seriously doubt there'd be a market for something like that in On30, as who models anywhere with snow?
Frankly, I'd rather Bachman stay with the more realistic and plausible models and not go off the deep end with stuff like this.
-Lee

Ken Clark

I have two snow plow's on the go  A wedge plow completed and the Rotary is coming down the home stretch, about 90% done.  adding minor details and then into the paint shop for weathering.

The wedge plow is based on one operated on 2Ft 6 Inch gauge by FCAB in South America.

The Rotary plow is based on xRGS #1 which was sold and operated on the 3FT gauge  Kaslo & Slocan Rly in Canada, later rebuilt and operated on the Kettle Valley Rly (aka CPR).

Ken C
    GWN