Main Menu

OFFICIAL 2018 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Started by InsideTrack, February 16, 2018, 04:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodimus Supreme

Paxton and Grumpy Diesel up close, courtesy of @Meganekko1126 on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Meganekko1126/status/987366598045569024

Angelob6660

Does anyone know the price range for the Narrow Gauge coaches yet?

I would like to get 6 of them (for pre-order) but I'm worried that I wouldn't save enough. I estimated about $70 to 80 dollars since the NG box vans were that price.

I know it's a ballpark guess.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainshockeylifE

I think it would be $50 each max.

Titanic5972

BoCoTheDiesel

Is the original Diesel being discontinued in favour the grumpy version?

JLK2707

JLK2707

Then why was the grumpy version of Diesel made when the original one is still selling?

TerencetheTractor525

Grumpy Diesel was made because some fans have complained about Diesel's original face, calling it too innocent or cheery, and it was of course inexpensive to make.

However, considering that there have been two consecutive years of announcements with no new HO loco tooling, let's hope that Stepney or Daisy are in the books for 2019, both of which would cost much less to make than the majority of newer characters and be extremely hot sellers, as polls have proven  :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on September 19, 2018, 12:20:52 AM
Grumpy Diesel was made because some fans have complained about Diesel's original face, calling it too innocent or cheery, and it was of course inexpensive to make.

However, considering that there have been two consecutive years of announcements with no new HO loco tooling, let's hope that Stepney or Daisy are in the books for 2019, both of which would cost much less to make than the majority of newer characters and be extremely hot sellers, as polls have proven  :).
Then just updating the existing Diesel's face would've made more sense if they are just updating something that fans wanted changed, instead of keeping the original one and this one. Unless Bachmann plans on having multiple versions of each engine, each with different faces, then this is an odd choice.

Cheeky_ULP

If Grumpy Diesel replaces Diesel, it'll be something we'll only find out once Bachmann runs out of supply of their current Diesel run, and then wait and see if regular Diesel gets restocked or not.

Angelob6660

Diesel is the last locomotive to buy. I'm having a difficult decision what version to buy.
Which one is better? I want to buy both buy I just need one. Getting two doesn't make sense.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Chaz

It really just comes down to the matter of if you want one with a happy face or a grumpy face.

Personally, I would go with the Grumpy Diesel because it suits his character more than a happy face, since it does suit his character more. You also wouldn't run into the chance of buying a normal Diesel with that odd buffer factory error that the more recently produced normal Diesel models had.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

Have they fixed the factory error on the original bachmann diesel models?

Streak

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 19, 2018, 11:38:31 PM
Have they fixed the factory error on the original bachmann diesel models?

I went to a local model shop that sells Bachmann Thomas. The Diesel models there had that buffer factory error. Weird. ???