News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Rail Truck

Started by superdog404, February 19, 2018, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdog404

Hi - Would anyone have the pinion gear for a Bachmann G scale rail Truck? Or I guess for that matter a complete rear end?

Thanks superdog404

petertoot

I see no answer must mean no parts,or out of stock.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,

The rail truck has been closed out for some time now and the drive train parts are out of stock and in my opinion will never come back in stock unless they are re run.   They are long in the tooth now about 12 years old, and if run a lot are breaking down.  It would be great if bachmann would run some drivetrain parts especially the rear end gearbox, but I would not bet on it any time soon if ever.

You could try the NWSL site and see if they have a gear that might work, you never know

Unfortunately the best bet is Ebay.  The opportunists are asking big bucks for them lately.  can't hurt to set up a saved search with email alerts, you may get lucky.

Keep Trying!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

superdog404

Yup, I know what you mean. It seems odd to me that most company's make a product for a time then discontinue them. Never to return. Something like the rail truck would sure seem attractive to lots of model railroaders in today's world. I know the first time I saw the rail truck I had to have one.

Greg Elmassian

Not odd, smart... your company can only make 2 things at a time, for example... keep making the same 2 things forever? Once most of the interested people have one, they are done... so you have to make something else.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

armorsmith

Another source you might try is the R/C car shops. I know they have a good number of gears and I believe there are some differential style gear sets. Not sure size wise whether they will fit, but ......