News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Powering my o scale

Started by Courtice, February 23, 2018, 08:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtice

I want to know the best way to control my Bachman trains . They are not dcc equipped . I'm using all Lionel fast track with remote controlled switches, o scale 3 rails. My engines are 2 4-6-0steam 1southern dash 9

Bucksco

Any 3 rail AC Transformer designed to run O Gauge trains will do the job.

Len

For O-gauge you have three basic options:

1. Get a decent AC transformer that supplies at least 16 volts to the track, preferably with both a whistle and bell operating button.

2. Get a TMCC or DCS conversion kit (the two systems are not compatible) from either Lionel or MTH, the appropriate control system, and an 18VAC power supply. Major $$$ involved with this.

3. Since it already has a can motor, remove the existing reverse unit and sound module, but keep the speaker. Install a DCC sound decoder rated for G-scale and operate using a DCC system. You'll need a DCC power supply rated 2.5 amps or better.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Courtice

I want to use ez command, can I ? Not sure if it is ac

Courtice

Quote from: Yardmaster on February 23, 2018, 09:36:52 AM
Any 3 rail AC Transformer designed to run O Gauge trains will do the job.
can I use ez comand

Courtice

I bought Lionel zwl to power my track . Ouch i mean really. That much for a little fun .

Len

If you can still return the ZW, you might look around for one of these:
http://www.modelrectifier.com/product-p/0001311.htm

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rhwalker

You can install the BlueRail board which is the heart of the Bachmann EZ-APP. I have done this successfully on eight OGauge locos and they all work well. The BlueRail website has details for this conversion.