News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track cleaner

Started by airtrain, March 02, 2018, 02:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airtrain

I posted this once before and got no responses. Hopefully this time I can get a company response.  I'm new to the forum and returning to the hobby after 25 years away. Oh boy, how things have changed. I received a Bachman 16301 M.O.W. tank car track cleaner for Christmas with no instructions on how to use it. My first question is do I use this dry or with track cleaner fluid? I used it dry and it really helped on my 25 year old track but got dirty very quickly. Is there a way to clean the pad or do I need to replace it. Replacements seem a bit costly if needed every time it gets dirty. I would appreciate any help anyone has on the best way to use this car. Thanks in advance.

WoundedBear

Use it dry, like you did. That is proper.

To clean the pad......slide it out of it's holder and put it in the dishwasher.

Sid

Bucksco

You can use the pad dry. I have on occasion used a few drops of Bachmann track cleaning fluid on them if there is a buildup of dirt on the track. Just clean the pad off with soap and water - I use an old toothbrush to scrub them off.

Trainman203

A big pink pencil eraser is great for spot cleaning around switches. 

airtrain

Thanks everyone for the info. It seems I have been using it correctly. Just for the record it does a very good job of cleaning my track and now that I know how to clean the pad it should do even better. Thanks again.

Dave