Bachmann EZ Command Experiment

Started by Warflight, March 02, 2018, 07:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warflight

I did an experiment tonight.

I use the Bachmann EZ Command DCC system. I have the EZ Commander, and two "Walk Around Companions" on my layout.

So I placed all of my DCC engines on the layout tonight. (I usually run with just six DCC sound engines, one lighted car that uses track power, and one DCC sound car)

So tonight, I put them all on.

NINE DCC sound engines, ONE DC engine (the Pegasus) the light caboose (Proto 2000) and the BLI sound cattle car.

No booster... just the EZ Commander, and it's two Companions, and two jacks for the Companions.

Then I made every engine run all at once.

If ANYONE tries to tell you that the EZ Command can't handle more that two engines, then it's only because they have never used the EZ Commander system before.

I can see that there might be limitations if one was using it on a full room layout (my layout covered two walls of my room... so it's "British Big" but "American Small") and it is a point to point.

But it handled everything DCC I have.

Just wanted to share that.

This system makes me happy. It may be a bit limited (I use a Digitrax PR3Xtra on a separate programming track to program decoders, so I don't really need on track programming ability) and it does everything that I need it to do.

No complaints here.

Bachmann... you still make a great product.

James in FL

I don't "do" DCC so my curiosity is piqued.
For how many continuous minutes did you run this way?
Did you/or do you, have any way you could measure the amp draw while doing this?
What is the output rating of the EZ Command?

Lots of trains running at the same time is a good thing (DCC or DC).
For a minute or two is very different than for an hour or two.

Joe323

Running nine trains at once is cool but as a human being the most I can CONTROL is two without assistance