News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Older Climax motor block cover.

Started by smcgill, March 15, 2018, 11:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smcgill

Hello All.
I have and older Climax and I could use a motor cover , as one of mine all 4 corners are breaking were the screw are.
Anyone have one they want to part with ?  :-\

grsman

To?
I would try and find someone to 3D print a few for you.
Tom

charon

According to the parts diagram it appears to be flat.  Can you remove the existing cover and trace it onto a sheet of metal or plastic and then cut it out and drill the screw holes?
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Loco Bill Canelos

I was just going to post something along the lines of Chuck's great idea, but was going to suggest layering thinner pieces of plastic sheet with holes to provide clearances if necessary. But I feel Chuck's idea of using metal if possible is better.

Good luck and let us in on how things work out.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

A Trainman

I had the same problem trying to find a floorboard for a Big Hauler 4-6-0, the one on the Fireman's side just under the air pump.
I found a scrap piece of styrene the same thickness as the Engineer's side and made a mirror image copy, painted it black with white edges. And I am very proud of myself because I can't tell the difference between it and an original. And it was made from scrap a little bit of old, black, spray paint and a swipe with a white paint pen, everything I already had on hand.

Go for it smcgill, the satisfaction of knowing you fixed it yourself is overwhelming!!

Let us know what happens!

Adam

smcgill

I wonder if the newer Climax's motor cover would fit ?  :-\