News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

PERMANENT TRACK ATTACHMENT

Started by Papaw, December 17, 2007, 06:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papaw

JUST GOT A BEGINNER SET [METEOR] HO WITH EZ TRACK FOR MY 8 YEAR OLD GRANDSON. I WOULD LIKE TO  PERMANENTLY SET UP THE 36 INCH ROUND TRACK ON A 4'X4' PLYBOARD.
HE CAN HANG IT ON THE WALL SINCE THEY LIVE IN A VERY SMALL PLACE.
HOW DO I ATTACH THE TRACKS TO THE BOARD? THANKS FOR ANY HELP, PAPAW

Jake

If you look at the track, you can see fine fine holes in the middle of the ties on the track, usually near the end.  You can use fine nails (These are recommended.) to hold the track in place. Or, you could use a tube of adhesive latex caulk to hold the track down. Both are pretty easy to remove at a later date. Though, since you have a 4'x4' board, you may want to consider NOT nailing it down for the time being, and getting you son some 22" radius curves (These will allow him to use some slightly larger engines and cars at some point) for Christmas and nailing/caulking those down Christmas day.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Papaw

:)THANKS FOR THE HELP. I THINK THE HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF EACH PIECE OF TRACK WILL TAKE A SMALL WIRE NAIL BUT THE HOLES ON THE ENDS DONT SEEM TO GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
I'LL PROBABLY TRY THE CAULK. THANKS AGAIN,   PAPAW

Woody Elmore

Plain Silicone caulking works best. A friend has used it for years to fasten track to all sorts of things.

taz-of-boyds

Papaw,

You may not want to use all caps when typing messages.  Normally this is treated like screaming.

But back to the topic, or keeping on track...   In this case the idea is keeping track on.  I think your grandson will really enjoy your efforts, at least I hope he does!

Merry Christmas,
Charles