News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ranking Bachmanns Next Engine

Started by Cheeky_ULP, March 19, 2018, 02:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plas man

I love the 'Spam Cam' (Rebecca) , I doubt it will see the shop's as its manufactured in 00 - Hornby Bullied pacific ,

Angelob6660

Terence is that your own OO Stepney? He looks very good! I had to look several times to realize he wasn't a metal toy engine.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: angelob6660 on April 15, 2018, 01:04:24 PM
Terence is that your own OO Stepney? He looks very good! I had to look several times to realize he wasn't a metal toy engine.
He literally said it was the show model.

Captain Crutch

Around season 4 or 5 the crew took shots like these of all of the engines they had. It's how so many people are now able and willing to make replicas of the models used on the show. One guy has a replica Thomas, he's making Gordon as we speak. Another is making Henry and yet another is making James. They use these images to make sure it's accurate.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Cheeky_ULP

While not a full post in itself (I'll get to narrow gauge engines later), but if Bachmann is considering making Sir Handel any time soon and Bachmann needs to do measurements for said Sir Handel, the real Sir Haydn is very close to completing its restoration:

Angelob6660

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on April 15, 2018, 02:14:29 PM

Like I know what a show model means.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Captain Crutch

Quote from: angelob6660 on April 17, 2018, 03:59:28 PM

The model actually used on the show. As in that is THE Stepney. Oh and, an update on Sir Hadyn, they got a fire built up today, as long as he runs ok he'll be at the Talyllyn soon.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: angelob6660 on April 17, 2018, 03:59:28 PM

??? ...Like HLC Railroad said, It's the Model used on the Show. It's not very hard to understand...

Cheeky_ULP

Its been about a month since the discussion ignited, but I think more or less the sentiment is the same. Stepney is just as hard as ever to get, consistently selling on eBay every time one emerges. I really think there's a nice "nostalgia" market for Bachmann to tap into. Duck and Oliver have already proven it, as has the Hornby Stepney.

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: Sparks on May 14, 2018, 09:56:06 PM
Its been about a month since the discussion ignited, but I think more or less the sentiment is the same. Stepney is just as hard as ever to get, consistently selling on eBay every time one emerges. I really think there's a nice "nostalgia" market for Bachmann to tap into. Duck and Oliver have already proven it, as has the Hornby Stepney.

But Duck and Oliver are also in the CGI seasons, Stepney HAS NOT. Bachmann are only doing characters that reappeared in the CGI seasons so you guys can rule out: Stepney, Boco, Bertram, Duke, Mighty-Mac, Molly, Neville, Murdoch, and Fearless Freddie as they never appeared when the ahow went full CGI.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on May 15, 2018, 12:25:06 PM
Quote from: Sparks on May 14, 2018, 09:56:06 PM

But Duck and Oliver are also in the CGI seasons, Stepney HAS NOT. Bachmann are only doing characters that reappeared in the CGI seasons so you guys can rule out: Stepney, Boco, Bertram, Duke, Mighty-Mac, Molly, Neville, Murdoch, and Fearless Freddie as they never appeared when the ahow went full CGI.
It's like you didn't read anything we've discussed.

Chaz

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on May 15, 2018, 12:25:06 PM
Bachmann are only doing characters that reappeared in the CGI seasons

The spiteful brake van would like to have a word with you.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

If Bachmann really does have more control over what characters they can release than we think, then I hope The Spiteful Brakevan is a sign of Bachmann slowly working their way back to the classic seasons for models.

Angelob6660

Mattel might have a tighter leash on what Bachmann can make. This can explain recolors and face changing engines.

Whether or not the new cars are based on CGI or the classic series.
-Kathy Selden

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: angelob6660 on May 16, 2018, 09:52:29 PM
Mattel might have a tighter leash on what Bachmann can make. This can explain recolors and face changing engines.

Whether or not the new cars are based on CGI or the classic series.
Yeah, I also think that Mattel seems to have this control over Bachmann, but I've been told before that it supposedly isn't as much as most people think it is, but I'm not sure how much I believe that.