News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Powered tender for the three geared locos

Started by Yorel, March 11, 2018, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorel

I'd like to see tenders for the Shay, Stearns Heisler and Climax that would transform the two truck locos into three truck. The Heisler and Climax should come with pass through gear box truck which would replace the rear truck on the loco, moving the original rear truck to the tender. Too bad Backwoods Miniatures is gone. I just stumbled upon their web page by chance about 3 weeks ago. Maybe....just maybe Bachmann will get their producers on them.

jkemp

Thanks for the post, I would also purchase several of these.

I have decided (and invested $$$) into converting from powered tracks/DCC to wireless/Dead Rail+DCC, and additional storage location for a battery/receiver/speaker/etc is appreciated in smaller locomotives and locomotives with already tight wiring.

Jerry

ksivils

I believe if you go to the FB page for On30 Kitbashing there is a gentleman who will make the center truck out of a pair of regular trucks, allowing for the pass through. You provide the two trucks, he converts them into one for a fee - it was reasonable if I recall correctly.

I would imagine the Climax would be the best bet to convert into a three truck locomotive. The Shay and Heisler are too small in my opinion.

If it wasn't the On30 FB Kitbashing page, then it was one like Oscale narrow gauge. Had the photo of a finished truck.

Hope that helps.

Terry Toenges

I didn't realize there were On30 Facebook pages. I'm glad to see that. I see Larry Jensen is on FB, too, with his Hollywood Railroad books. He used to come on here some years ago.
Feel like a Mogul.