News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dcc

Started by Wilson64, April 13, 2018, 01:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson64

Hello I'm new to model trains and I am attempting to build my first lay out and I was going through the trains I have and was wondering if I can put a dcc decoder in my Bachman end go 40 diesel locomotive this belong to my father he gave me all his trains this one is probably 30 years old never used is this possible to do                Thanks for any in fo

Hunt

A DCC decoder can be added. However, I will not be the one to tell you all that is required. Even if you have the basic skills, the quality of motor, gears and fidelity to scale of that locomotive was not very good even when it was new.

Although the locomotive may have sentimental value  ---- Suggest  you do some online shopping for best cost and select a current production (or soon to be released)  N scale diesel model with factory installed DCC or depending on the DCC system you have, a locomotive with DCC sound.

ACY

To answer your question, you can install a DCC decoder but it wouldn't be worth the time and effort or the money. You can buy a number of n scale Bachmann locomotives with DCC at a very reasonable price and they are better in every respect than a 30+ year old GP 40.