News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC train set

Started by Rupa, April 23, 2018, 01:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupa

Muy name is Andres and I have 2 train set DCC. my question is how I must to connect ( 4 )  Standar Remote Turnout HO Scale ( Item NÂș 44562 )
I understand that I need a separated Transformer to connect this. Wish voltage it mus be and in AC or DC. Do not forgete that I will use this in the DCC Set

Thack you in advance

Razmataz

I have a dcc track and I used the standard remote turn out. I took an old transformer from a no longer used electronics. ive heard them refered to on this forum as " wall warts" I cut the end off and used it to power the switch. this also works on dcc.
this website helped a lot https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/

jward

The switch motors will work on either AC or DC. Traditionally, they are wired to the AC terminals of a power pack, but if you have one with constant DC terminals you can use them as well. The important thing is to NOT use the variable DC terminals.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Rupa

Thank, but haw many Volts is the vest

Rupa

Rupa

Sorry for my English, I'll ask the question again. What voltage is the best in these cases (12 or 16 Volts)

Len

My experience has been 14-16V works best. 12V may work, but can get "iffy" if dust or dirt starts getting in the works.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Rupa

Len, thank you very much

Andres