News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Adjusting Automatic Sounds on DCC Mogul

Started by JimX, April 27, 2018, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimX

I just bought a DCC-Equipped Bachmann Mogul, with sound module 44957. It works fine on DCC with factory-default settings. But I have a few questions about how to adjust these sounds.

1. On analog operation, the grade crossing whistle keeps blowing. The instructions say that sensitivity might have to be reduced, but they do not say how to do this. Any suggestions on how?

2. The instructions say that the automatic sounds for DCC operation can be changed bu adjusting CV 197. Is there any documentation about which bits turn on/off which sounds?

3. Is it possible to change the operation of F5 so that it activates the grade-crossing whistle?

Hunt

Answers to your questions found in the following. If you still need help – ask again.

Click Here   -- List of supported CVs and their factory default

Click Here --  User's Guide and Technical Reference

You may encounter some differences between the decoder with add-on sound module in locomotive you have and the above documentation.

JimX

Fantastic!

I wasn't sure where to find those documents. They answered all my questions. Unfortunately, it is apparently not possible to assign the grade crossing whistle to any function key. But now I know how to work the other questions.

Many thanks.