Main Menu

Large Scale Thomas

Started by Large Scale Champion, March 23, 2016, 06:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jbray

Bachmann,
With your switch to the plug and play model for Large scale, why aren't the new models, Diesel and Paxton, set up for this? If you're going to discontinue to the DCC Thomas line, at least don't hobble new releases by keeping them stuck in DC only (without warranty-voiding after market customization). The choose you own power style is a good company choice given the ways large scale hobbyists are diverging on the topic but it should be applied across the large scale line as much as possible.

Caver Keith

Does anyone know what has happened to Diesel and Paxton?
They seem to have been removed from the motive power section of the Bachmann website.

Caver Keith

It's winter on the Wychbold and Stoke Prior Garden Railway and passenger numbers are way down, goods traffic has dropped off too.
The future of the railway is uncertain. Will it be able to survive?
Sir Topham Hatt needs to come up with a bold plan to save the railway from bankruptcy. Can he do it?

Large Scale Champion

Yes yes yes the forum is back!
Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

Large Scale Champion

Sooo whats next for Large Scale? we need Edward, Duck or Oliver in our opinion.
Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

Caver Keith

Quote from: Large Scale Champion on April 08, 2023, 07:22:27 AMSooo whats next for Large Scale? we need Edward, Duck or Oliver in our opinion.
I agree will all of your suggestions. Duck and Oliver would be great for conversion to their real counterparts too, just have many have done with Diesel and Paxton, and Edward would add another much needed tender engine.
Also based on the success of Diesel and Paxton, I would love to see Donald and Douglas released. I have a Scottish voice actor lined up already.

Caver Keith

The peace and tranquility of the Wychbold and Stoke Prior Garden Railway is about to be rudely disturbed.
Thomas and his friends do not know what is about to hit them!
There's a new kid on the block, and he's mean!

Large Scale Champion

Keith, we always love your videos and you never disappoint, I really hope we get some more locos soon, we love having the whole set including the much coveted oil tanker but we'd still love Edward or Duck. Sadly having arrived a teenager now Ruby's Railway is only when the mood suits so I'm doing some maintenance and upgrading in the hope she returns...

RailsByRick

I recently got into the Large Scale Thomas range from Bachmann, and they are really stellar! Probably the best representations of the characters that are easily accessible to consumers.

With new releases in Large Scale slowing down, I can't help but feel Bachmann should introduce LBSC Thomas and Origins James into the lineup. These would be easy repaints of existing toolings, and I'm sure fans would go wild for them. I'd definitely preorder them immediately!

Caver Keith

The peace and tranquility of the Wychbold and Stoke Prior Garden Railway is rudely disturbed by a new kid on the block. He's an oily character and doesn't mind who he upsets. Unfortunately poor Toby is the victim of his cruel tongue.

Sir Topham Hatt has had a brand new shed built and he's very proud of it, but with Diesel's couldn't-care-less attitude it may not stay in pristine condition for very long!

JLK2707

Large scale diesel looks just so sinister!

Large Scale Champion

Great Video Keith,
so glad you're still doing these... Ruby's Railway is hopefully getting some TLC this summer and ours can come out and play, we've kept up with the whole range but we'd still love more engines and can't believe we've still no Henrietta!

Caver Keith

Diesel is in disgrace. Not only had he destroyed Sir Topham Hatt's new paint store, he had also damaged himself so badly that he needed to be sent away for repair.
His replacement is Paxton, another class 08 diesel electric shunting locomotive. He is a friendly and helpful engine. If he has a fault, it is being too trusting, and a repaired Diesel might just take advantage of this!