News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2018 NGRC preconvention tours

Started by tedyarbrough, May 08, 2018, 07:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Friends,
Our chairman stated lots of emails are bouncing back as he attempts to send out the pre/post tour info. If you have not gotten the information in the next few days, feel free to email me (address on convention contact page) and I will be glad to send it to you ASAP
Also note that there is no official live steam track at the convention center, but two layouts are operating live steam (one on Wednesday NOT ON BUS TOUR, and one on Friday that is on at least one of the buses scheduled stops. The Friday layout will be open on Sunday, June 10 for those that want to bring small live steamers to run -tight curves prevent large locos).

tedyarbrough

Convention Attendees,
Our Convention Chairman has tried a different email procedure to deliver the pre/post convention layout tour info. He had tried earlier but most emails were bounced back for some reason. You should have gotten an email today (Sunday, May 13). If you have not gotten the email today, or by tomorrow, please email me (email on convention web site) and I will forward the info direct to you. We are only a couple weeks away and are really excited about the convention. See y'all soon!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted Yarbrough
Georgia Garden Railway Society

tedyarbrough

Email sent to registered attendees:

Welcome to the 2018 NGRC! We thank you for sending-in your registration early and we look forward to meeting you in less than 3 weeks! 

We have some information that you might find helpful as you prepare for this convention. There will be 20+ pre- and post-convention Garden Layout Tours (see attachments below) on Sunday, Jun 3rd and Sunday, Jun 10th!

Please note that our Registration Desk will be open in the lobby of the Sheraton Galleria Suites (our Convention hotel) on Sunday, Jun 3rd from 5P until 10P, for early arrivals, specially for those who are going to the Cruise/Rail event on Monday June 4th.

Beginning Monday Jun 4th, our Registration Desk moves to Rm 101 at the Cobb Galleria Convention Centre (across from Exhibition Hall D) and it will be open from 7A-9A & 3P-8P.  The same schedule will be true for Tuesday & Wednesday.

For those going to the Monday Riverboat Cruise & Rail trip, the official loading time is 9A.  For those going to the Tuesday Hiwassee River diesel train scenic ride, the loading time is at 7:30A.

Please note that you may find these trip starting times listed differently elsewhere, but these are the official starting times for the Monday and Tuesday trips.

The 2018 NGRC committee members and the Georgia Garden Railway Society members are excited about hosting the convention. We think we have prepared a convention that you all  will enjoy!

We look forward to having you as our honored guests.

Dan C Alvero
NGRC2018 Chairman

sowozi4711

Dear Dan, hello Bachmen

I am an Austrian, but also a Bachmann-"aficionado".  Can You tell me what do You mean with NGRC ? Pls. the complete name. Is it an association ? Excuse my ignorance and my bad english.
Many greetings from Austria

sowoziGerald
You Can Never Have Too Much Bachmann Scale G Locomotives !

charon

it would also be nice to know what city it will be in, along with a street address.
Thanks;
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Gerald,

NGRC =  National Garden Railway Convention

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

sowozi4711

Hello Bill,
First many Thanks !
Is this Convention only  once a year, always in a different  US-city  ?  Are there also  dealers or only private persons with layouts ?
Many thanks
Gerald

You Can Never Have Too Much Bachmann Scale G Locomotives !

tedyarbrough

Gerald and others,
The National Garden Railroad Convention is a gathering of large scale modelers from all over the world, but mainly in the US. The convention moves from city to city each year with a different garden railroad group hosting. The vendor hall will have most large scale manufacturing groups and the larger dealers with booths to show new products and sell items. Clinics will be held during the afternoon, alo0ng with the vendor hall opening in the afternoons. Garden railroad tours are conducted during each morning (by bus or self drive). The 2018 version will be in Atlanta the first week of June (in about 3 weeks) and the 2019 will be in Portland, Oregon the last week of August. You can fine info on line for the 2018 at www.NGRC2018.com
Ted Yarbrough
Georgia Garden Railway Society

tedyarbrough

Convention Update:
Bachmann will attend the 2018 convention. Vendor hall is nearing 100% full. Approximately 50 garden railroads will be open for touring June 3, 6-9, and 10, with buses available to the 6-9 trips. Train rides on June 4 & 5 are sold out. Convention locomotive is sold out, but each of the convention cars are still available. Full clinic schedule for each afternoon. The feature garden railroad in the current Garden Railway's magazine will be on the June 3 pre-tour.

Registration is still open!