News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Baggage car.

Started by Terry Toenges, May 08, 2018, 11:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

In another thread I lamented about losing some cars. I don't know where they are or where they have gone. I've searched all around the house and garage to no avail. I'm missing my baggage car,  my stock car, and a flat car.
I don't know why they wouldn't have been with the rest of my train stuff on shelves out in the garage house. I know I wouldn't have thrown them away. I know I didn't sell them. Some years ago I gave some HO stuff to someone but I'm fairly certain there was no On30 stuff in there.
Anyway, I've been searching on line for a few months trying to find another olive unlettered baggage car. Baggage cars aren't made anymore. I finally found one last night on an O scale site. It was reasonably priced which was great because of the rarity of it. I was happy to buy it. The only other one out there was in Germany I believe.
Now, I'll probably run across the old baggage car somewhere.
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

Happens to me all the time - with tools too. I no sooner buy a replacement "whatever" that I thought I had but can't find, then I find the original in that "safe" place where I put it in the first place. My son inherits a lot of stuff that way.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Terry Toenges

I have multiples of tools too and other things because of that. Especially, if I need something at the time and it's quicker to go buy it than to spend hours searching for it. Sometimes, it's my son-in-law who borrows stuff and forgets to bring it back.
Feel like a Mogul.